Cressi Leonardo / Giotto or Oceanic or Vyper ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dg03, complexity is not much of an issue here as its water activated, easy to set %o2, so if it's air, you don't have to touch it, if nitrox, set and forget.

Advantages for the dg03:
Price 250 on dge and free shipping

Functions, 3 gas, up to 100% nitroxGauge mode, so if you do go tec, it's not useless

Option to add a transmitter, if down the road, you want ai, you can add it to the computer you are already used to using, and don't have to buy a new unit, just the transmitter. So it Can grow with you that way too

Conclusion:
For price and the ability to "grow" with you, I think it's hands down the best computer under the price of the petrel.

My google-fu is completely failing to find a geo for less than $380 or a giotto for less than $350. I fear we're either feeding a troll or getting sucked into an interdimensional rift here... :errrr:

My google-fu is completely failing to find a geo for less than $380 or a giotto for less than $350. I fear we're either feeding a troll or getting sucked into an interdimensional rift here... :errrr:

LeisurePro has the Geo2 for $250

Does it have a URL?

Do you have Google?
Oceanic GEO 2.0 Wrist Computer

---------- Post added October 13th, 2015 at 01:20 AM ----------

...the GEO 2.0 that he specifically mentioned is a watch style with a smaller face. And somewhat complex. May require more review before each dive trip for the diver that doesn't dive reqularly.

The Aeris Manta immediately comes to mind, at $200.

The Geo2 is really quite clear and easy to read. It is simple and easy to use, much better than older Oceanics, including my VT3

The Aeris Manta is the same as the Geo2, Aeris discontinued when the brand was folded into Oceanic by AUP, no longer available from most vendors but you can find it

See my recent post in similar thread by same OP:

I've had a Geo2 as backup for more than 4 years, just over 500 dives. Has performed flawlessly, battery change is a cinch. I've never used a Mares or Cressi computer but prefer the choice of the DSAT or Buhlmann algorithm from Oceanic over Mares RGBM or the Cressi hybrid Haldane/RGBM

Each would need a download cable if you intend on downloading your dives. Total price of each from LP would be Geo2 $315, Smart $350, Giotto $345. That's a really good price on the Geo2, usually the computer alone runs $400

Good luck

---------- Post added October 13th, 2015 at 02:51 AM ----------

You can make a liberal computer more conservative, there's nothing you can do with a conservative computer

---------- Post added October 13th, 2015 at 03:11 AM ----------

Dg03, complexity is not much of an issue here as its water activated, easy to set %o2, so if it's air, you don't have to touch it, if nitrox, set and forget.

Advantages for the dg03:
Price 250 on dge and free shipping

Functions, 3 gas, up to 100% nitroxGauge mode, so if you do go tec, it's not useless

Option to add a transmitter, if down the road, you want ai, you can add it to the computer you are already used to using, and don't have to buy a new unit, just the transmitter. So it Can grow with you that way too

Conclusion:
For price and the ability to "grow" with you, I think it's hands down the best computer under the price of the petrel.

The DG03 is very similar to my Oceanic VT3, actually is the Aeris Elite T3, but with Buhlmann rather than DSAT. Oceanic, Aeris, and Hollis were all AUP, Oceanic and Hollis still are. All these computers come from OEM Pelagic Pressure Systems, originally owned by AUP, now owned by Aqua Lung. Aqua Lung has cut ties with Suunto and will offer a new line of computers from PPS in 2016. The DG03 download cable is $100 and the transmitter is $350! from DGE, $700 for the complete package, $350 for the computer and download cable.

For $315, I'd go for the Geo2 and download cable from LP

Last edited:
LP has the Oceanic VT4.1 on sale right now for $550, with the AI transmitter and the data cable...

Yes, and that link shows
Sale Oceanic GEO 2.0 Wrist Computer Includes FREE Digital Online Class to get the most out of your dive computer SKU: OCNGE2 Your Price: $379.95 You save: $20.00 (5%)
Looks nothing like $250. Mind you, I have very weird ad/script blocks in my browser so it's not entirely impossible that LP is not showing me the same pages you see.
I see a VT 4.1 for $475 -- which doesn't look like $550 either, but in a good way. :wink: (And obviously it's a way better deal than a Geo or a DG03.)

Unless LP has several price lists.
Veo 180 = $150.00
Veo 2 = $360.00
Geo 2 = $380.00
Giotto with PC down load = $350.00

I will go for 2 x Veo 180 for $300.00

Unless LP has several price lists.
Veo 180 = $150.00
Veo 2 = $360.00
Geo 2 = $380.00
Giotto with PC down load = $350.00

I will go for 2 x Veo 180 for $300.00
I have noticed that at different times I have gotten different prices. Sometimes hours apart. Have wondered if it had anyting to do with cookies. Once I even called and questioned the difference and was given the lower price.

Centrals. I agree. The Veo 180 would meet all his needs. Its just not as visually or intellectually appealing to some shoppers. I started with the Veo 100nx and was happy for many years.

Last edited:
I see Geo2 for $250, download cable $65 and VT4.1 for $475 including transmitter and download cable. VT4.1 has been discontinued by Oceanic, that is a really great price. Funny that different people, different times, see different prices.

Oceanic Wrist Computers buy at LeisurePro

The Veo180 is single button and does not download, but it sure is inexpensive. In fact, all the Oceanic computer prices seem quite good, I wonder if it has something to do with the purchase of Pelagic Pressure Systems by Aqua Lung the new line of computers they will bring out in 2016. I wonder what this means for Oceanic and Hollis? Oceanic denied any effect when I asked this question on manufacturer forum

Back
Top Bottom