How common is wifi Internet on long-distance international flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a good nap & enjoyed reading SB posts. 1h 45min to go. Breakfast time! This makes 16h flight like what I do at home. In fact I caught up on emails instead of watching video with painful United Airlines cheap earbuds. Next time I’ll bring my good headphones.
Just travel in Polaris and you get a much better headset on United. :wink:

Reactions: Dan
Had a good nap & enjoyed reading SB posts. 1h 45min to go. Breakfast time! This makes 16h flight like what I do at home. In fact I caught up on emails instead of watching video with painful United Airlines cheap earbuds. Next time I’ll bring my good headphones.
Noise cancelling headphones. You'll thank me later.

Headphones make walking through the airport more interesting when you choose your own soundtrack too.

I just got Apple Air Pod that supposedly has noise canceling feature, but I haven’t downloaded any movies for the trip. I don’t think I need them. Just spending time in texting, WhatsApp, email, and reading & posting in SB forum and sleeping are enough to keep me occupied.

We are descending. Talk to you all later!

One tip about nose cancelling headphones and walking through the airport with your own personal soundtrack.

Make sure you're paired to your phone before cranking up the volume. This has happened to me twice. Both times in the Miami airport.

First one I was walking along and trying to turn up the volume, hearing the song but quiet. Then I noticed weird looks from people. I realized I wasn't paired to my headphones and was blasting my phone at full volume. The song that was playing... Big Balls by AC/DC......

Second time, same basic scenario. You'd think I'd learn right? Second song was a rather raunchy pub type song, Hey Nonny Nonny...

I related the story to my wife and she cracked up and then told me I was a dumbass for letting that happen twice.

I blame the Benadryl 🥱

Safe travels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom