Cozumel trip video / Scuba Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canada has said we'll need to be licensed & insured but has been flip flopping on that. We were supposed to have the new laws for everything R/C related in the spring but they still haven't brought them in. I know some of the people involved on the MAAC side of the negotiations but they aren't sharing any of the news until it all gets finalized. I"m fully involved with the R/C side of things that fly & shoot most of the events for our zone plus a couple of jet events in another zone. I also have a DJI Drone but haven't had the time to fly it. I do fly fixed wing & intend to learn heli's too & can fly them OK on the sim. Crashing the sim is cheap though but heli's get expensive when you screw up. MAAC has welcomed the FPV drone racing community with open arms & they seem happy to be a part of MAAC.

That particular article relates to drones over 25 Kilos (55 pounds) which in general most consider will be for commercial use. Until you get someone to translate the actual laws relating to use of the smaller ones PLUS where they can't be flown in Cozumel by current law you're taking a risk flying it there but it's doubtful that if used responsibly you'd get in trouble but that's just a guess. I'm up to date on Canadian regs & a bit behind on the newest US regs but without a good translater Mexican rules & regs are beyond understanding how or where they are applied.

Very nice, wife and I will be there in a couple of weeks.

Is this shot with a GoPro?

Wow!!! Went to Coz and stayed at SCC in 2011 and again in 2014... I can't believe how well the reefs have recovered since 2011.... Thanks for posting the video.... Sure makes me long for those days... Nice TRIP!

Very nice, wife and I will be there in a couple of weeks.

Is this shot with a GoPro?

Thanks. Yes shot on the GoPro 6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom