Cozumel trip video / Scuba Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be a good thing you left the drone at home. Mexican rules say it must be registered to fly it & a lot of Cozumel is considered a no fly zone.

It may be a good thing you left the drone at home. Mexican rules say it must be registered to fly it & a lot of Cozumel is considered a no fly zone.

Where do you see Cozumel considered a no-fly zone? I've checked the no-fly zones, I know where they are not allowed. I stay away from airports and over people. If there's signs posted, it's observed.

Vigente la regulación sobre uso de aeronaves no tripuladas (drones), para su operación segura | Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes | Gobierno | gob.mx

Yikes. I think I'm gonna stick with my rusty $35/day VW convertible from Isis.

If it wasn't for a couple people splitting the cost, I would have followed your lead. I saw the other rental places while walking around I would have went with if I was solo. It's a pain in the @ to find parking sometimes.

I finally made it to Cozumel on a 5 day trip to check out the island and do 6 dives (2x day). A friend set us up at Scuba Club on a dive package which included 3 meals a day and 3 days of diving. Shore dives are free (excluding scuba rental fees) and any alcohol, or meals not included in the daily menu, is extra. I didn't wear a wetsuit, just board shorts and a rash guard. Visibility was easily 30m+ with a very small current in the mornings. (9am-12pm in-water time)

I wanted to take advantage of some storms in the area and also kiteboard there for a couple days, but the winds never really arrived, so a couple days were checking out different parts of the island.

I also wanted to take the Mavic 2 drone with me to get some epic shots from the boat and around the island, but I kept the packing to a minimum and brought a GoPro and no gear. I rented everything.

An awesome trip, Cozumel its the best...

Guest was flying one over the Occidental last week....I found it obnoxious!

That would be illegal here in Canada and I think it's the same in Mexico but not certain. Irresponsible drone operators are pushing legislators world wide to either control all forms of R/C flying or to totally ban it anywhere but at sanctioned flying fields or worse.

That would be illegal here in Canada and I think it's the same in Mexico but not certain. Irresponsible drone operators are pushing legislators world wide to either control all forms of R/C flying or to totally ban it anywhere but at sanctioned flying fields or worse.

I'm sure one day it will be required to have some type of training or license to purchase one. For any yahoo to buy one off the shelf and harass beach goers or violate people's privacy is a constant concern and problem. I'm licensed and have experience for over 10+ years in the UAV/C-UAV business and I see it all the time. It puts a bad spotlight on the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom