Cozumel Favorites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I consider myself relatively familiar with Cozumel and have my own "Favorites" list of places we will go on a regular basis. Id like to hear some others. Not interested in your favorite dive operator (we have a few) in this thread and don't want to start that war. I'm kind of a foodie, and my wife would call me cheap too, but if you have a favorite place to go, id love to know.

Dinner- The Scallops at Guidos. We will hit this twice in a week.
Drinks- The Thirsty Cougar- Carlos makes the best mojito I have ever had. The house band..I think they are called Deja Vu is awesome... and Bohemia Obscura is the best beer ever.
Cheap Lunch- Burrito Gordito
Cheap breakfast- We usually stay at Casa Mexicana so the buffet is included, but there is a bakery next to Burrito Gordito that has great pastries and cookies. I think it is called Zermatt. Both BG and the bakery are super convenient when you dive with Blue MAgic.
Shrimp Tacos- Restaurant around the corner from Casa Mexicana..cant find the name anywhere.
Hotel- We usually stay at Casa Mexicana for around $70 a night, including breakfast. Their buffet is impressive by any standard.

Im looking forward to trying some lobster sandwiches on this trip and maybe some lionfish. Ill search this forum for previous posts but if you have a favorite, please share. Im always looking for something new!!!

24 days and counting. thanks in advance for your response.

Jay

Try the Cuban sandwich or pork leg sandwich at Casa del Mojito.
The breakfast burrito at Burritos Gorditos is good too.
Lionfish is hit and miss on menus, by La Perilita (sp) has excellent coconut crusted Lionfish on Thursdays. I hope to shoot my own next week to have cooked.

Lobster shack across from Thirsty Cougar for a lobster roll; favorite restaurants: La Perlita (seafood, way inland, two for one lionfish on Thursdays, open B-L-D); Kinta and Kondesa (both great places to be able to get real salads, with chicken or fish add-ons); Rock n Java has good selection at good prices.

Hope this helps. (And don't forget Casa Mission, beautiful grounds, nice food, really shouldn't be missed!)

I tried the famous lobster and bacon sandwich (don't remember where) but I won't again. Someone else on this board stated the obvious that the bacon flavor overwhelms the lobster. Beyond that La Choza has been my favorite for 25 years, as is El Pique for street tacos. The good news now is that there are SO many good places to eat that an AI is a shame. Back in the early nineties most of the food here was pitiful. We are so blessed now.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Lobster shack, La Chozo, And La Perlita for lion fish are on the definate list. Casa Del Mojito on standby! See you on the 1st Dave!!

I tried the famous lobster and bacon sandwich (don't remember where) but I won't again. Someone else on this board stated the obvious that the bacon flavor overwhelms the lobster. Beyond that La Choza has been my favorite for 25 years, as is El Pique for street tacos. The good news now is that there are SO many good places to eat that an AI is a shame. Back in the early nineties most of the food here was pitiful. We are so blessed now.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

I thought it was kind of good for a sandwich at La Chef, but it seems most people either love it or DON'T.

La Choza is just always dependable. Nice staff too.

We tried that Casa de Mojito place. Mojitos were very good as was the Cuban sandwich. I really like the plantains sort of smashed and deep fried I guess? With a touch of salt. I do like a plantain.

Kinta and Kondesa are always good too, but a bit fancier.

I love Guidos, but I got the Ocean Special once and the only thing that didn't taste old and nasty was the fresh tuna, which was great. Scallops suck dishwater. However it was only that once. I love their fresh fish and the rest of the team goes in for the pizza and Italian stuff.

I did Chilangos out on 30. That was a very nice cheap place for those haurache (sandal) tacos, pick from all the crap and build your own. Like a Mexican Subway sort of.

You have to visit Ray and the family out at El Moro!

I really like Los Otates for tacos pastor, Cha Cha's Kitchen and la Conchita Del Caribe

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with an ice cold draft from The Pub. It may not be fancy but it was so good the week before last I had to have it again a couple nights later.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers
FWIW, I have been going to Cozumel since 1978 and I have always been able to find good food there.

My favorite dinner (with dessert!) was Argentina Del Sur. Jefe tells me that they've gone downhill since our visits, but the empanadas, and the dessert empanadas especially were amazing.
My favorite lunch was Casa Cuzamil- the lime soup with the comida del dia was amazing. We also liked Burritos Gorditos.
Always stopped at Zermatt Bakery for a snack for the next day after diving. The price they charged us never aligned with what the shelves were labeled, it was almost always lower- and so inexpensive!
Favorite place to grab a drink is Money Bar, great non-alcoholic options; and get the chicken nachos while we are there.
Favorite drink/dessert/snack: Root beer float at El Coffee Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom