Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Salvo Light Owner:

We here at Halcyon have your light. I know you didn’t send it to us, and I know you did not authorize us to even look at it, much less have it in our possession, but we took it anyway without your choice (we were sly enough to get a court order).

You didn’t do anything wrong, but we took your light against your will and are holding it anyway. We offer no apologies for this. Instead, we offer options for return, on our terms.

You see, we at Halcyon are the real victims here, not you. If you bought a light from that crook, or employees of that crook, or from a friend of a friend of a friend of someone who did a Google search for Barry Miller, then you are to be treated as a co-conspirator. Which is why we offer no apology for the hassle to you.

That will teach you to buy a light from anyone but us.

You want your light back; you do as we tell you. I know that if you took something of ours without asking us, that we would prosecute you (we've proved that). But we will take what belongs to you without your permission, and there is nothing you can do about it. Period.

The caring people at Halcyon.

Dear Diver,
We have had your Salvo product turned over to us for disposition. We have some options to offer you for the return of your product.

Dear Salvo Light Owner:

We here at Halcyon have your light. I know you didn’t send it to us, and I know you did not authorize us to even look at it, much less have it in our possession, but we took it anyway without your choice (we were sly enough to get a court order).

Glad to see that even with this, there is 0% chance of this grande melodrama being put to bed.

for crying out loud piss and moan..

Call Halcyon if you have a light in for repair.

Now where is that eye roll icon thingy..

An email has been sent out within the last few minutes to the customers whose product we have and have their contact information. The directions and options for return are listed in the email. If you have not received the email and had sent product in please contact Halcyon at 800 425 2966 x 305 and speak with Ken.

Dear Salvo Light Owner:

You didn’t do anything wrong, but we took your light against your will and are holding it anyway. We offer no apologies for this. Instead, we offer options for return, on our terms.

You see, we at Halcyon are the real victims here, not you. If you bought a light from that crook, or employees of that crook, or from a friend of a friend of a friend of someone who did a Google search for Barry Miller, then you are to be treated as a co-conspirator. Which is why we offer no apology for the hassle to you.

You want your light back; you do as we tell you. I know that if you took something of ours without asking us, that we would prosecute you (we've proved that). But we will take what belongs to you without your permission, and there is nothing you can do about it. Period.

The situation is what it is, and those 3 options from Halcyon seem pretty resonable to me. If someone still wants Corey or Joel to work on their light, they can. Not sure what else H could have offered to do that would make a difference to the folks that are pissed off about this.

Dear Salvo Light Owner:

Strange situation for sure. At the end of the day I would rather have Halcyon be the custodian of my property as compared to say the Alachua County Clerk of Court. At least you can trust Halcyon to properly package your equipment for shipment (free no less).

The situation is what it is, and those 3 options from Halcyon seem pretty resonable to me. If someone still wants Corey or Joel to work on their light, they can. Not sure what else H could have offered to do that would make a difference to the folks that are pissed off about this.

Strange situation for sure. At the end of the day I would rather have Halcyon be the custodian of my property as compared to say the Alachua County Clerk of Court. At least you can trust Halcyon to properly package your equipment for shipment (free no less).

But it's more fun to whine and speculate and complain... :popcorn:

Dear Salvo Light Owner:

:coca-cola:

All the best, James

Dear Salvo Light Owner:

I think that is quite funny, but the reality as I see it, is that Halcyon is doing you a favor. They are the only company left standing and they are reaching out in at least some fashion.

I really doubt they had a legal obligation to do anything.

Your lights could of been stuck in the back of some garage until the end of time.

I think Halcyon is doing right be returning the lights, but I still think they might have gone about attacking Leviathan in ways that from my perspective could have been done a little differently.

(with that being said, most of us are just sitting on the sidelines and weren't there and really don't know the whole story.... I think with any story, including this one, there are "three sides" to the story. Leviathans, Halcyon's and the Truth. Not sure we'll ever know the real truth.)

Uh, how did Halcyon "attack" Leviathan?

In any case, H has fixed my Salvo light (for free) and is shipping it back to me (for free).

Amazing service given they didn't have to do anything (in which case my light would be sitting in some locker at the courthouse).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom