Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Agreed! Just keep Barry far, far away

I say keep personalities far, far away.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other who's running things. What I want ... and what I've received since purchasing one of Salvo's early 18W models ... is a rugged, well-performing product and fantastic customer service.

Those of us who've been loyal Salvo customers aren't interested in the legal dog-and-pony show, nor the personalities involved in it. As long as these folks continue to produce the products and services I've come to expect from them, I don't care what they call the company, nor who is doing the work.

And I for sure don't care about all the less-than-behind-the-scenes legal shenanigans. Just sell me a great light, and stand behind it when I need to get it fixed.

Because they've done that for several years now, consider me a loyal Leviathan customer ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yesterday I received my leviathan lusca 12 (formerly salvo rebel 12W). I got a great deal and top notch customer service from Tech Diving Limited so that i could get the light in time to hit the caves next thursday. when i opened the box i first thought they forgot the most important part - the LED. when you look at the light all you see is a reflector. nothing that looks like it would emit light. then you turn it on and voila - a nice, bright and tight beam. the only thing missing is a manual. I guess they have not yet printed new ones without salvo logos and they are also not up on their website yet. Can't wait to get it wet.

*UPDATE*

My LDS just recieved this reply while following up and on order from last week:

"Unfortunately, we are in a holding pattern currently because of a court order. As soon as the issue is resolved, I will be able to let you know the shipping details.

Safe diving,
Corey Mearns

Leviathan Diving Equipment LLC"

*UPDATE*

My LDS just recieved this reply while following up and on order from last week:

"Unfortunately, we are in a holding pattern currently because of a court order. As soon as the issue is resolved, I will be able to let you know the shipping details.

Safe diving,
Corey Mearns

Leviathan Diving Equipment LLC"

Crap, I sent them my light for service and now can't get a return phone call or e-mail. This has been the single most frustrating purchase of my life. I am currently sitting on a $1,300 battery cannister as I sent in the cannister lid and slug for warranty work.:banghead: Ordered the light in early April, took five weeks to receive it (no fault of Salvo's on this part, it was who I purchased the light through) I have about four succesful dives with it and two blown HID bulbs. I specifically bought this light as it was a requirement for a tech class I am now halfway through with and still have no light. I know Corey is a great guy and known for customer service but a return phone call or e-mail would be nice under the circumstances. This really, really sucks.

Crap, I sent them my light for service and now can't get a return phone call or e-mail. This has been the single most frustrating purchase of my life. I am currently sitting on a $1,300 battery cannister as I sent in the cannister lid and slug for warranty work.:banghead: Ordered the light in early April, took five weeks to receive it (no fault of Salvo's on this part, it was who I purchased the light through) I have about four succesful dives with it and two blown HID bulbs. I specifically bought this light as it was a requirement for a tech class I am now halfway through with and still have no light. I know Corey is a great guy and known for customer service but a return phone call or e-mail would be nice under the circumstances. This really, really sucks.

Wow. Murphy's Law is in full effect for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom