Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(I'd imagine we'll hear it here first)

Instead, I just called Corey. Both he and Halcyon are working to get everyone's gear back that was in for repairs. According to him, this should start next TUESDAY.

As for when we might see more/anything from Leviathan, don't expect anything soon.

Spiny lobster. I liberated 6 from the ocean's grip this morning. Sure beats work...

Heading out today to remove some unsightly crustaceans from the reef.

So I guess the next question is will our lights be returned repaired or in the condition we sent them in? Was looking forward to many summer night dives w/ that light, this sucks in a spectacular fashion.

If Leviathan is having legal problems I an not optimistic about getting anything fixed. I'll be happy to get the light back at all at this point.

Thanks for the update, Rainer.

There's a post on TDS from Halcyon regarding folks who had gear in for repair when all this happened, in case anyone missed it or aren't a member of TDS:

The Deco Stop
"If you have not received the email and had sent product in please contact Halcyon at 800 425 2966 x 305 and speak with Ken."

I just got this email. In case people are curious, here it is.

Interesting that it was sent to JJ with the other recipients BCC'd.

With Leviathan presumably cleaned out, if you do want Corey to continue with a repair, will he even be able to?

from
cleardot.gif
Ken Charlesworth <ken@halcyon.net>
to
cleardot.gif
Jarrod Jablonski <jj@gue.com>
date
cleardot.gif
Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM
subject
cleardot.gif
Salvo product repairs
12:24 PM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif

Dear Diver,
We have had your Salvo product turned over to us for disposition. We have some options to offer you for the return of your product.

Option 1
We return it to you in the condition we received it. We will pay the ground charges to get it back to you.

Option 2
You make arrangements for Corey or Joel to do the service. We will make arrangements to get it to them.

Option 3
Halcyon will make every effort to repair your product and return it to you.

Please advise us of your choice and please make sure we have your correct shipping address to return it to you. We will not do anything without your written directions how you wish us to proceed. Please advise as soon as possible.

Regards

Ken Charlesworth
Halcyon Manufacturing
800-425 2966 x 305

well it appears that Halcyon is at least not keeping the gear and is going about a way to letting you decide what you want done with it. sounds reasonable.

Not sure who will pay for any warranty repairs though. (if you choose option 2 or 3)

well it appears that Halcyon is at least not keeping the gear and is going about a way to letting you decide what you want done with it. sounds reasonable.

Not sure who will pay for any warranty repairs though. (if you choose option 2 or 3)

Agreed, I have to say Halcyon seems to be being quite fair in their handling of this situation. Kudos to them for that.

Back
Top Bottom