Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, how did Halcyon "attack" Leviathan?

In any case, H has fixed my Salvo light (for free) and is shipping it back to me (for free).

Amazing service given they didn't have to do anything (in which case my light would be sitting in some locker at the courthouse).

it would probably be in the evidence room ( or area ) at the SO where they store dope and everything else you might not want to imagine. You'd be lucky if they knew what a dive light looked like.

I give Halcyon a big thumbs up for doing what they're doing.

I do feel badly for Cory M. in all of this. I'd guess he bought the manufacturing equipment and remaining inventory from Barry not knowing that it had a lien on it to cover restitution ordered by the court as part of Barry's conviction. I also feel badly for anyone who has merchandise held up in the whole process.

Perhaps Corry M. got bad advice from his lawyer, or perhaps Barry lied to him. Either way I'd guess Cory M. is on the hook for what ever amount he paid Barry for the stuff.

One can only speculate on what Corry M. knew, or should have known, about the status of the inventory and manufacturing equipment.

About my take as well, Randy.

Corey M. admits to some serious mistakes when starting up Leviathan, and he didn't fault H at all when I spoke with him. He just wishes he'd gone about it all in a better way. I hope he and Joel can give this another shot, away from the Barry drama.

And yeah, kudos to Halcyon for helping out in a bad situation.

Uh, how did Halcyon "attack" Leviathan?

maybe attack isn't the correct word you use..... my apologies.

but Halcyon did go after Leviathan with legal proceedings. I would have thought that this could have been settled in a simplier matter. (maybe I'm wrong. maybe they tried this already. lots of "if's" and "maybes" and we weren't sitting on the front row for all of it. so maybe Halcyon had to use the legal proceedings in the long run.

I've got to agree also with a lot of what Randy says below. Seems Corry got into this and either got bad advice or was told the wrong thing by Barry. sucks for him.

I doubt we'll ever know the whole truth about what went on.

I do feel badly for Cory M. in all of this. I'd guess he bought the manufacturing equipment and remaining inventory from Barry not knowing that it had a lien on it to cover restitution ordered by the court as part of Barry's conviction. I also feel badly for anyone who has merchandise held up in the whole process.

Perhaps Corry M. got bad advice from his lawyer, or perhaps Barry lied to him. Either way I'd guess Cory M. is on the hook for what ever amount he paid Barry for the stuff.

One can only speculate on what Corry M. knew, or should have known, about the status of the inventory and manufacturing equipment.

Update: Corey called me to update me on the repair of my light (it was repaired prior to being impounded) and Ken from Halcyon has both e-mailed me and PM'ed me on The Deco Stop regarding the return of my light. It appears all parties involved are doing everything in their power to put an end to this mess.

but Halcyon did go after Leviathan with legal proceedings. I would have thought that this could have been settled in a simplier matter. (maybe I'm wrong.

Mike,

The thing is, court procedures in this case may actually be the simplest (or only) way--remember, this whole snafu is to enforce a court-ordered judgment. It's not a separate event. By accepting goods from Barry that had been earmarked for the Halcyon award, Leviathan basically dragged itself into the mess.

Update: Corey called me to update me on the repair of my light (it was repaired prior to being impounded) and Ken from Halcyon has both e-mailed me and PM'ed me on The Deco Stop regarding the return of my light. It appears all parties involved are doing everything in their power to put an end to this mess.
:D

Gawd I hope so. I'm tired of hearing you bitch about not having a light. I was almost ready to send you my Sandro so you'd quit whining about it. :wink:

Seriously, I hope you get it back soonest.

glad your craptastic event is almost over.

:D
I was almost ready to send you my Sandro so you'd quit whining about it. :wink:

Seriously, I hope you get it back soonest.

Randy,
I'm guessing you don't really like that light if you're willing to loan it to Onespeed the Light Killing Machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

I flooded my Salvo light recently, where exactly can I get it repaired properly? I'd just like to get the light repaired. I really don't care about the court drama and I'm not interested in taking sides. PM me please. Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom