Cost of reg service double, is this normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you believe that he will jump in this thread? I am sure he is reading this though.

awap:
I emailed Jack Enger and advised him his shop was being discussed. We will see if he show up.

hoosier:
Do you believe that he will jump in this thread? I am sure he is reading this though.

In the past some have. Sometimes the other side of the story paint a very different picture.

Ture!

awap:
In the past some have. Sometimes the other side of the story paint a very different picture.

His side of the story should be the same as mine. Most of my statements were quotes and even Rogaine stated he had the same thing told to him too.

As you have seen, I bought almost everything from them. They have been a good dive shop except for this situation which is BS. I could fully understand if it was a internet sale from someone not authorized to sell, but not when it was purchased from a site listed on Poseidons own website.

paulwall:
Hey, Mike. Did you ever get those "free" fins?

Nope... they never showed up. (but I didn't figure they would....)

Their E-commerce system did email me a reciept for them for $0.00 though.

I did ask my LDS if they would price match them showed them the URL.
(I knew they wouldn't and didn't expect them to. I was just doing it
to joke with them). The reply I got when asking was sorta "Yeah Right....."

Back on topic, I guess the Dive Shop owner obvisousely didn't have anything
to add to this conversation....

Oh I am sure I will hear something when I go back this weekend to get my tanks refilled, thats if they refill them.

I still haven't heard back from Poseidon, they read my letter but haven't responded yet. Don't know if they have to convert it being as they are from sweden.

I think that this shop is treating you unfairly. From what you decribed, it does indeed, sound like a punishment for buying elsewhere. I can certainly understand a shop not giving someone a discount on service on an item purchased online, but to charge you double...well, it's just obvious what that's about.

In this case, I think you should actually get the same discount as if you had bought this product right there at their store. Afterall, it sounds like you already do quite a bit of big ticket item business with them. They should honor that.

I say to heck with 'em....time to find another shop.

gtcpl2:
Oh I am sure I will hear something when I go back this weekend to get my tanks refilled, thats if they refill them.

I still haven't heard back from Poseidon, they read my letter but haven't responded yet. Don't know if they have to convert it being as they are from sweden.

They have a US office in New Jersey. You should give them a call.

As for your email showing as "read". Some mail servers don't do that when
the mail is opened, but when it's received by them. So it could just be
received and not read. (just FYI)

I think you are getting through the same path that I took. I bought my SP gear when I visited my family in N.Y. I tried to get the warranty service from the LDS that monopolize SP gear. The owner who is the lawyer refused the warranty service by excusing “he has the right to refuse the service.” BS! Yes, I mean the warranty service. SP said, “All item from the authorized dealer come with the international warranty.” I talked with the customer service and was told that SP can’t do anything for my LDS. So, I got the warranty service directly from SP customer service. LOL~~~ What kind of market it is…

See, I just cop a real serious attitude when a shop pulls this crap. This is not the 1st one I've heard of to do this.

A business exists to meet the needs of the customer, not the other way around. I don't owe a shop ANYTHING other than to pay for what goods & services I agree to buy, and that may be none. If they want me as a customer, it's up to them to make that happen. It isn't real hard: Treat me fairly, be honest & don't try to blow smoke up my ***, and don't rip me off.

When a shop does this, it is for one reason & one only: They are out to punish you for not buying the item from them, period. This attitude on the part of the owner is an immediate deal breaker for me. Do that to me & you have flat out told me that you do not want my business. Not a problem, rest assured you will never see me darken your door again.

Is it acceptable to sweeten the deal to offer incentives? Sure, buy the reg here & get a discounted service rate. No prob. Don't buy it & pay the full, standard rate for regs purchased elsewhere. Fine. Punish me for it by charging more than the std rate?

Kiss my hairy ***, good by.

I think the world of my LDS. I have given them a lot of business. They've held up their end, and they don't play games like this. If I buy elsewhere & bring it to them for service, they'll regret they didn't make the sale but will be pleased to have what business I bring them. They don't offer discounts for service if I buy from them, they have fixed rates and charge that no matter where the item comes from. They do their best to be competetive on the price of the item up front & provide excellent service when it's needed.

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there & they are not going to willingly put on milk bone underwear. If they ever change, say the current owners retire & sell it, the new owner decides to make this his policy? I'll work with another shop, even if that ends up meaning shipping my regs for service.

With the advent of cheap long distance communication, the internet, email, cheap insured shipping, etc, they do not have a monopoly lock on customers. We can & will go elsewhere, and if pushed hard enough a compressor is not that huge an investment to be out of the question. For about what many people spend to go on one dive vacation I can be doing nitrox fills at my home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom