Cost of reg service double, is this normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not that familiar with Poseidon's service policy, but is it possible that if purchased from authorized dealers the original owner gets "parts for life"? And since you didn't purchase from an authorized dealer the "extra" they are quoting is for the parts?

Poseidons warranty is 2yrs so by the time it needs to be serviced the warranty is up, unless something goes wrong with it before then. Parts are not included for life like some other regulators are.

And since you didn't purchase from an authorized dealer

And I did purchase from an authorized dealer!!! that was listed on Poseidons web site. Just not my LDS

You have some good thoughts there WileEDiver

I too live in Traverse and was told the same thing (from the same shop probably). Fortunatly this was before I brought my regs in for service. They flat out told me that if my equipment was from an internet store they would charge me double the rate. I haven't bought anything from them yet. Doubt I will....I was really thinking about it at first for the whole warranty thing but after hearing your BS story about them and them telling me that too....I won't buy from them and when I bring my reg in for service I'll lie about where I got it. Which dealer is it by the way? North or South of town?

They flat out told me that if my equipment was from an internet store they would charge me double the rate.

So lets say you are on vacation in the keys and you buy it there.... bought locally in another location, not over the internet.

How do they handle it then?

North or South of town?

Its Great Lakes Scuba on US 31 South in Traverse City for those of you who might be in this area or coming to this area. Again my purchase was not from the internet, It was dive shop in New Jersey listed by Poseidon to sell their products.

So lets say you are on vacation in the keys and you buy it there.... bought locally in another location, not over the internet.

Thats a good question I can't answer. They probably just have a higher rate for the non locals would be my guess, but again I don't know.

gtcpl2:
Its Great Lakes Scuba

I guess you need to point out the error on their website.

http://www.greatlakesscuba.com/ says....

"We're The Only Dive Shop You'll Ever Need! "

Obviousely that's not true..... heh...

I think I'll give them a little test. I think I'll call them and
see if they've got a particular regular in stock and tell them
that I have a hard time getting there before they close due
to the fact I don't get off work until after 6 or 7pm...
it's just too far to drive to get there after work....

and ask them if I could buy it from them and if they could
ship it to me... ??? heh.... sneaky... I wonder what they'll
do. I wonder then if they will double-charge me for service
since they mail ordered it to me? heh..... [devious snicker]

That would be awsome!! Jack there told me that they are not allowed by Poseidon and other Mfgs to mail those out cause it would be mail order.

Try that and see what happens, esp if your from a different area code so it shows on caller ID

I don't know any company that sells a product that won't mail it out.. Heck how did they get their regs, I don't think Mr Poseidon delivered in person LOL

I emailed Jack Enger and advised him his shop was being discussed. We will see if he show up.

awap:
I emailed Jack Enger and advised him his shop was being discussed. We will see if he show up.
Good call, I was about to do that.

mike_s:
I guess you need to point out the error on their website.

http://www.greatlakesscuba.com/ says....

"We're The Only Dive Shop You'll Ever Need! "

Obviousely that's not true..... heh...

see if they've got a particular regular in stock and tell them
that I have a hard time getting there before they close due
to the fact I don't get off work until after 6 or 7pm...
it's just too far to drive to get there after work....

and ask them if I could buy it from them and if they could
ship it to me... ??? heh.... sneaky... I wonder what they'll
do. I wonder then if they will double-charge me for service
since they mail ordered it to me? heh..... [devious snicker]

Hey, Mike. Did you ever get those "free" fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom