Cost of reg service double, is this normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
mike_s, I've gotta ask you something... (I'm just picking on you cause you did it most recently)

Why does everyone insert an h into my screen name?!

Jonnythan,

If I were you, I'd tell people to get the "H" out of there. :)

gtcpl2:
Mike_S, I tried that yesterday with them when he told me that. I was very nice and said Jack I buy all my gear and everything else from you and this is what your going to do. He then told me about another good customer they had that bought something that was mailed to him. Told him the enhanced cost and said he hasn't seen him since. I asked him what does that tell you. He said he hates to lose him but thats the way it is and all the dive shops here have agreed to that. Its a darn conspiracy from the LDS's

I wonder what he/they are going to do with they loose 50% or all of their business with that attitude. Like I said, the way people do business and buy things are changing.... unfortually store owners (of any type store) have to change
with the times or get left behind.

At least my LDS had the foresight to figure out that they could either compete with the internet sales or embrace it.

How many independent TV Dealers do you see now days? I remember when I was a kid going to a "TV Dealer store" with my dad to buy a TV. Now ALL those TV dealers are gone, replaced by chain superstores or Amazon.com places.

jonnythan:
Why does everyone insert an h into my screen name?!

maybe it's the red glare in your eyes that causes us to do
those weird thing...... ..... ..... ......

WileEDiver:
Jonnythan,

If I were you, I'd tell people to get the "H" out of there. :)

That would leave Jonnytan, which really isn't much better. They just need to understand where they can stick it.

awap:
That would leave Jonnytan, whidch really isn't much better. They just need to understand where they can stick it.
I didn't say to "Get the "H"s out of there. My "H" was singluar (if not specific).

I wonder what he/they are going to do with they loose 50% or all of their business with that attitude

LOL Thats another problem that they think these tactics will.

Poseidon not being that common, and the shop where you bought the reg going out of business, what are your other options?

Actually Poseidons and Sherwood Blizzards are the choice of regs up here in northern Mi so they are quite common. As for letting my LDS know im sending them out. That will be a bargaining chip this winter when my jetstreams need to be serviced. Actually it will not be till winter 2006 when the Xstream will need to be serviced.

I have heard many people say that they are more complex than others, from what I have been told by the LDS that sell them its actually simpler and that no matter which version you have, (cyclon, jetstream or Xstream) they all have interchangable parts.

Maybe downplay that mail-order part... just say the authorized dealer where you bought it went out of business...

Well you know hind site is 20/20. I learned a valuable lesson and that is to LIE!
If I just told him I bought them off a friend, or the paper anything else it would be fine. But to say its double because the Registered Dive shop MAILED them to me is ridiculous, Sounds like something someone on crack would say to a cop LOL

I'm wondering if this is going to be their position for all regular services on this reg or just one time (for them to "bless" the reg).

Not sure if you're interested in this approach, but since for the most part you're happy with them, consider negotiating this compromise with them:

What if you paid the higher rate one time to get the reg into their service routine one time, but from here on out since they are now doing all regular service on this gear that it be done for the standard price. Maybe it's a solution you both can live with.

Just a thought.

at the least, I think you should name the shop that is double pricing you here.... so that way other divers will be "warned" not to tell them they bought something mail order....

I'm wondering if this is going to be their position for all regular services on this reg or just one time (for them to "bless" the reg).

That is there position till the day I sell it to someone else and not only regs they said all mail ordered purchases, tanks, bcd's ect. So the tanks which he couldn't get are going to cost double for vis and hydro's, So in the other posts here the hydros will be done else where.

What if you paid the higher rate one time to get the reg into their service routine one time, but from here on out since they are now doing all regular service on this gear that it be done for the standard price. Maybe it's a solution you both can live with.

You know, I like that thought! I will give that a try if all else fails. If they don't take that then I will tell them I will send it out to be serviced by someone else that will treat me fairly. I could live with that.

I am seriously thinking about buying a compressor, I have 2 sets of regs so I always have a back up and anything else I need I can get from Scubatoys ect. I already know a bunch of folks that told me they would buy air from me. That would really piss them off LOL

One other thing just occurred to me:

I'm not that familiar with Poseidon's service policy, but is it possible that if purchased from authorized dealers the original owner gets "parts for life"? And since you didn't purchase from an authorized dealer the "extra" they are quoting is for the parts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom