Cost of GUE Fundamentals class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean to set up a class?

It took my wife one phone call.

Not exactly - I wanted to take the course with a particular instructor, who only runs a Fundies class every few months, and only takes 3 students per class.

I just want to take the class!! Why is that so hard... :confused:

Setting up Fundies (and Essentials) is pretty hard, compared to walking into a PADI shop and signing up for OW. I had the resources, plan, dedicated teammates who wanted to take the class with me, and it STILL took us 6 months or so to get everything scheduled. You have to get in touch with the instructor, be able to plan ahead far enough to set up a time that works for everyone (this isn't a full-time gig for our local instructor), then sign up on the GUE site, etc. etc.

I'm sure there are places where it can be done more quickly, but for both Essentials and Fundies, it required a lot of prodding and gently following up on my part. I guess part of the result is that you really self-select into a group that truly WANTS to take the class and is willing to go above and beyond to make it happen...dunno if that's actually desirable or not, in the main :)

So what you are saying is that this IS Kenn's fault. Got it! LOL

I've come to accept that it always is :) When are you down in MoCal next? We need to dive, and I believe Team Bunny owes you a righteous barbecue (maybe we'll set up an elaborate ambush and steal Eric's monster grill from Breakwater) :D

HA HA HA, It's okay. I wrote that with a headache, I'm just passing it along.

I am just having fun. I like your enthusiasm! The way I figure Tec training agencies is; If you train through GUE you can dive with anyone in the world. GUE divers tend to dive with each other for the gas calculation issues and all the other highly disciplined skills so why limit yourself.

You mean to set up a class?

It took my wife one phone call.

Who did she end up going with? I know she didnt' want to take it with Karim. I've been trying to schedule with Karim but I don't have teammates and my schedule and his don't match for months at at time. I've been trying for months but everyone is too busy, myself included!!

If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth it. It took me over a year to get into Fundies.

There is a GUE facility 3 miles from my house yet it also took me over a year before a class came togther. I had to go to their home base (High Springs) 4 hours away. I have loads of dive buddies but no interst other than myself. I had to wait unitl I could be paired with another vagabond/unencumbered diver...

Last edited:
Marc Hall in San Diego. October class.

Who did she end up going with? I know she didnt' want to take it with Karim. I've been trying to schedule with Karim but I don't have teammates and my schedule and his don't match for months at at time. I've been trying for months but everyone is too busy, myself included!!

Marc Hall in San Diego. October class.

Ah yeah, okay. The shop he operated out of recently shut down right? Do you know where he operates out of now?

Ah yeah, okay. The shop he operated out of recently shut down right? Do you know where he operates out of now?

Not sure. I know for the moment he's getting his trimix fills at IB Divers, but I don't know what (if any) shop they'll use for the class. He just bought a compressor and had a Haskel, so he might be pumping his own gas now (or soon).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom