Conversations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
How do I bring another person into a conversation between me and someone else? Or, how do I forward a conversation to a 3rd party?

How do I bring another person into a conversation between me and someone else?
View the actual Conversation and there's a small link in the Participant's box on the lower right - Invite More.
They will be able to see the entire history of the conversation.
Or, how do I forward a conversation to a 3rd party?
I'm not sure there is a forward option specifically but if you Invite the forwardee then Leave the Conversation yourself selecting Do Not Update on further messages it has the same effect.

View the actual Conversation and there's a small link in the Participant's box on the lower right - Invite More.
They will be able to see the entire history of the conversation.

I'm not sure there is a forward option specifically but if you Invite the forwardee then Leave the Conversation yourself selecting Do Not Update on further messages it has the same effect.
Thanks, but I can't find a Invite More link. Here is what that box looks like to me:
upload_2016-11-7_13-43-21.png

My guess is the code was written with the idea of keeping private conversations, I dunno, private.

I have the option on my screen to invite others, probably because I'm the one that initiated the PRIVATE conversation.

This is why some people are hesitant to call out problem instructors and shops, because people try underhanded crap like this.

My guess is the code was written with the idea of keeping private conversations, I dunno, private.

I have the option on my screen to invite others, probably because I'm the one that initiated the PRIVATE conversation.

This is why some people are hesitant to call out problem instructors and shops, because people try underhanded crap like this.
Don't jump to conclusions. You are dead wrong. Your (yes) private conversation with me was the most recent one on my screen, and I used it to ask my question about forwarding/expanding a conversation. Sorry that I revealed you had sent me a message. Jeez.

Dusty is probably correct in that you only see Invite More in Conversations in those You initiate. Try it and LMK if you see it then - the example I looked at I had.

I don't keep them so it's the only one I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom