Continuous blending (Top urgent )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eisa

Reaction score
Hi All
I think I will lose my mind due to research. :confused:
And every time I found new thing and more confusing.
My question is, is it ok to go for continuous blending with Bauer compressor 9.5cfm with auto drain and it worked for 1330h?
Is all what I need is to change the oil to synthetic oil?
And Is the Any Side effect?

Hi All
I think I will lose my mind due to research. :confused:
And every time I found new thing and more confusing.
My question is, is it ok to go for continuous blending with Bauer compressor 9.5cfm with auto drain and it worked for 1330h?
Is all what I need is to change the oil to synthetic oil?
And Is the Any Side effect?

Yes.

Yes. And a continuous blender with an O2 sensor. Filling a few tanks at a time wouldn't hurt since the compressor pumps a fairly good amount of air. Either that or fill a cascade system.

You shouldn't have any side effects. Bauer sets the limit on nitrox at 40%. Some kind of shutoff, manual or automatic, to turn off the oxygen if the compressor stops running. Either wire in a relay or baby sit the compressor when the oxygen's turned on.

Hi Dannobee and thank you for your reply
I'm planning to use (Tri-Hunter 6000 Trimix/Nitrox Mixing Stick) with my compressor

So Now All what I need is to change the oil to synthetic oil and run the compressor for a few hours (one or two) and change the oil again,
Than the compressor is ready for pumping the nitrox?

Hi Dannobee and thank you for your reply
I'm planning to use (Tri-Hunter 6000 Trimix/Nitrox Mixing Stick) with my compressor

So Now All what I need is to change the oil to synthetic oil and run the compressor for a few hours (one or two) and change the oil again,
Than the compressor is ready for pumping the nitrox?

That's it. The Tri-Hunter 6000 looks like a great system. You'll be good to go. :D

Bauer sets the limit on nitrox at 40%.

My Bauer service rep said no enriched oxygen mixtures were endorsed by the company and could damage the compressor. Have they recently changed the policy?

My Bauer service rep said no enriched oxygen mixtures were endorsed by the company and could damage the compressor. Have they recently changed the policy?

They do sell the B-TROX system and list mixtures up to 40%.

They do sell the B-TROX system and list mixtures up to 40%.

I don't think the B-Trox is available in the US or Canada. Bauer, USA does not endorse EANX mixtures through their machines, too my knowledge. If you install a continuous blender or membrane (DANX) during the warranty period (1 year), they say you have voided the warranty. Since most machines don't have problems during the warranty period, most folks ignore it. Guess they don't want to assume any liability by endorsing "through the compressor nitrox". Funny though, they make air cooled machines for natural gas compression. Granted there are some modifications for that purpose and 1800 psi I believe is the max.

If the machine in question has 1330 hours on it, I would recommend cleaning/replacing the valves and cleaning the cooling tubes to insure there isn't any carbon build up, since the OP indicates that it has been running with natural oil.

Craig

I just went through the 2 day Bauer service school last month at their facility in Virginia. I did ask my instructor that exact question and was told Bauer does not support the use of oxygen blending through their compressors. He stated that when clients inquire about nitrox systems they are referred to the Germany facility where a specific nitrox compressor is manufactured.

I just went through the 2 day Bauer service school last month at their facility in Virginia. I did ask my instructor that exact question and was told Bauer does not support the use of oxygen blending through their compressors. He stated that when clients inquire about nitrox systems they are referred to the Germany facility where a specific nitrox compressor is manufactured.

I have a Bauer Oceanus and do PP Blending. But what do you suppose their rationale is? Is it strictly "CYA" so someone doesn't blow themselves up pumping too much O2 through the system. I don't think I've ever seen a "mechanical" reason. Apparently, everyone does it anyways....

I have a Bauer Oceanus and do PP Blending. But what do you suppose their rationale is? Is it strictly "CYA" so someone doesn't blow themselves up pumping too much O2 through the system. I don't think I've ever seen a "mechanical" reason. Apparently, everyone does it anyways....

I'm going to have to go with the strictly "CYA" answer. The instructor told me outright he knew very little about nitrox, just knew to refer all questions to the German facility. On the same note, I was given a similiar answer when I asked about repacking my own filters.

Back
Top Bottom