Confess your scuba crushes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsteding

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, not who you would, well, you know (that would violate the TOS) but who would you like to dive with that you know from scubaboard? I've been on the boards long enough to form some opinions.

Me (in no particular order):

Uncle Pug: I've heard stories of you standing on your head with perfect buoyancy underwater, that would be awesome to see.

Doc Intrepid: your "strokaphilic" comment cemented it for me, an epic addition to the scuba lexicon.

OE2X: you seem like a gentleman and a scholar, and your pictures kick *****.

The 5thd-x crew in California: I grew up surfing around Monterey, but not diving. It would be awesome to see things from underwater.

The boys in Florida: H2Andy, PerroneFord. Florida may be the epicenter of irreverence.

JeffG: I've caught some damn big trout in Alberta, but diving? Really? If Florida is the epicenter, Alberta is the antipode.

The Hawaii crew: Mmmmmm warm water, and Catherine's pics make things look amazing. Also a place I've surfed but would like to see from underwater.

Grateful Diver, TSandM, Blitz, Lundysd, rjack--all my regular dive buddies--its been two weeks, and I need to get back in the water.

Clearly.

Okay, I've put my list out there, who else dares to step up?

[EDIT] And, how can I forget the SoCal crew? Lynne says you all are fun to dive with, that is enough for me.

Funny, I've dived with most of the people on your list!

Doc Intrepid is high on mine. He has the most wonderful sense of humor and an incredible ability to cut to the chase. He's promised someday, if he comes to the PNW, he and Bob and I will have an evening over good red wine talking decompression theory -- yum!

Another person I'd really, really like to meet for real (and we've just missed connecting twice now) is Diver0001.

I'd like to dive with Mo2vation. I've talked to him on the phone. I love his writing, and his accounts of his assimilation were a significant influence on me.

I'd like to go putter around in the caverns in Florida with Perrone. We've chatted quite a bit.

I'd like to meet Walter. I think he'd be very interesting to talk to.

We're planning on doing some diving with the Oahu folks the end of January, and I really hope onfloat joins us.

Two more I would REALLY like to meet and dive with are Mike Ferrara and GDI. Such thoughtful, reflective people.

I'd like to meet and dive with DiverDennis, too . . . Shoot, there are SO many people on this board who seem as though they'd be great to meet and talk with!

erm...

Jessica Alba?!!?

ok ok ok... sorry, give me a break, i live on an island of betel nut stained teeth....

The Yellow Angel Fish . . . my bestest dive buddy, friend and wife.

the K

I had developed a crush on an instructor when I first started dive mastering for him several years ago. We've been together since shortly thereafter and have racked up alot of travel, bottom time and dive friends. He doesn't post.....not the type, but I still love him to pieces.

I have dived with, broken bread with, and will dive again in a week with Roakey on SB.

WOW, there are so many, I'd be afraid I'd miss someone. I have been lucky enough to dive with some pretty incredible folks from this board, many of them are regular dive buddies.

The Kraken:
The Yellow Angel Fish . . . my bestest dive buddy, friend and wife.

the K

Just when you think this is a grouchy, crusty, all man kinda diver who makes you carry your own tanks from the beach, he pulls this out to floor me........
Gulp....WOW....

I've met a bunch of people on ScubaBoard that I'd love to go diving with ...

JeffG ... it took me a long time to develop a taste for his humor ... now it seems I'm addicted to it.

Rick Murchison ... I think I could learn a lot

Walter ... ditto

Tobin ... how can ya resist a dive buddy with that many toys?

Catherine ... neither the dives nor the conversation would ever get dull

jbd ... I've long considered him a friend, would be nice to spend some time underwater together

Mo2vation ... HEY MO! nyuk nyuk nyuk ... :D

Got a whole bunch of others ... but I have to log off and get ready for class now ...

... hey Doug, if you really need to get wet you're welcome to come out and join our AOW dives this week-end ... I know how much you love that mid-water nav dive ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm with Walter, I have had quite a list for a long time, too lengthy to list, and too afraid of missing one or three. Many of them I would love to just meet, sit, and talk (actually more like listen).

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom