Condom Catheter Blowout: Discuss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed, don it shorthly after the morning shower so it can bond before body oils return. Do not overshoot the size, this is no time to flatter yourself. A little bit of stretch is better then a loose fit. Roll it between palsms to set the adhesive. Remove it after the diving is done, like at the first rest room event.

If you are just trying them for size don't try to remove it right away. Let you body oils begin to get under then bond at least a little. Other wise you will not have a good time.

Pete

But I have one problem ... how do you get that adhesive off ? Taking the condom off was not pleasant. I took the hottest shower I could stand and pealed it off with considerable discomfort. What is left behind is a sticky mess. Any suggestions ?

Alcohol dissolves the glue. There is no better way to remove the catheter.

PS - always be sure to carry one of the largest sized condoms with you. I believe there is a 46mm size. This will come in handy when someone on the boat says they forgot to bring one. You can say "Here... I've got an extra" and hand them one of these. The look on their face - and new-found esteem they will have for you - when they emerge from the head after trying to "don" that thing is well worth the few dollars to buy it.

:D

PS - always be sure to carry one of the largest sized condoms with you. I believe there is a 46mm size. This will come in handy when someone on the boat says they forgot to bring one. You can say "Here... I've got an extra" and hand them one of these. The look on their face - and new-found esteem they will have for you - when they emerge from the head after trying to "don" that thing is well worth the few dollars to buy it.

:D

Seems like you could elicit the same "esteem" with some cheap red lipstick.

Alcohol dissolves the glue. There is no better way to remove the catheter.

All great tips (no pun intended) I find that after you have ripped a few off it gets easier. diving frequently helps too. I think you would be better to drink some alcohol and rip it off than drown poor willy in alcohol. Dont over think this.

Also, I use the Rochester wide bands ones as well. Dont let them fool you - The 41mm ones are actually 40mm.

Thanks for all of the advise. I am using the wide bands which seem more comfortable of the others I have tried. I am sure I will be drinking the alcohol instead of rubbing it. Thanks again.

I am sure I will be drinking the alcohol instead of rubbing it.

If you rub it with (or without) alcohol... I'm pretty sure you'll never get it off.

My personal routine:

1 - Shave shaft and trim the remaining manscape. Nothing worse than an unexpected hair removal later on.
2 - Use Rochester Wide Bands of the appropriate size. This goes against all that is manly but if you use their gauge to measure, then pick one size smaller.
3 - Shower the night before rather than the morning of. This gives your body time to create some oils but not enough to cause issues with blowoff. This has made the removal process sooooo much easier and less painful.
4 - Install catheter and secure the glue. This is the fun part. put on hand on each side of your pride and roll it like would putty. Stopp before other things pop up.
5 - Drink lots of liquids and enjoy the dive.
6 - Remove the catheter at the end of the day, not right after the dive. This also makes for less pain and misery.
7 - Make sure to remove all adhesive prior to a second day of diving or the removal gets worse and worse.

Rochester - Ultraflex - Silicone Male External Condom Catheter Features:

• Self-adhering male external catheter
  • Condom catheter with kink proof funnel

Rochester - WIDE Band - All Silicone Male External Condom Catheter Features:

• Self-adhering male external catheter
  • 3" wide condom catheter with 70% more adhesive area for added security

The Ultraflex is fine --you really don't need the hassle & PAIN of all that extra adhesive when it's post-dive & time to remove that sucker. . .

Just keep "your member" dry & clean before condom placement --and definitely don't apply any baby/jock-itch powder before placement or else the condom catheter will blow-off when "starting the stream". . .

For the record, here is the link to the sizing guide, and the users guide. These things are so cheap that you can get a general size idea, buy a couple above, below and at size, and try them out. Once you figure out your size, you can order a case of them, and it will come with a sizing guide? Thats putting the cart after the horse on that one. Do they include it in the case so retailers can allow their customers to measure themselves? I will close on that thought..

http://www.rocm.com/web_assets/uploads/MEC_User_Guide.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom