Condom Catheter Blowout: Discuss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antattack

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a test. Will SCUBAboard members weigh in? Is there a right way or wrong way to wear a condom catheter? What are the gender issues? Balanced vs. Unbalanced and the correlation to condom catheter blowout?

This should be fun:

Condom Catheter Blowout: Discuss

The major gender issue is that women can't use condom catheters . . . :)

I just had a p-valve installed in my dry suit and used it for the first time this weekend. Everything worked well; no leaks ... no mistakes. But I have one problem ... how do you get that adhesive off ? Taking the condom off was not pleasant. I took the hottest shower I could stand and pealed it off with considerable discomfort. What is left behind is a sticky mess. Any suggestions ?

I just had a p-valve installed in my dry suit and used it for the first time this weekend. Everything worked well; no leaks ... no mistakes. But I have one problem ... how do you get that adhesive off ? Taking the condom off was not pleasant. I took the hottest shower I could stand and pealed it off with considerable discomfort. What is left behind is a sticky mess. Any suggestions ?
What kind of caths are you using? Rochester Wide Bands are preferred by most divers.

First you need to learn the term man-scaping. Including shaving the shaft. Then you need to learn to man up and just rip it off. Start at the back end and pull. It will leave you with a fresh layer of skin exposed.

Some points for successful install:

1.) Shave.
2.) Make sure that you are fully in the condom. You don't want a space between your head and the end of the condom.
3.) Use the Rochester wide band rather than the other ones they offer. The adhesive they use on the wide band is stronger.
4.) After you have the condom on, grab your penis and squeeze to make sure the adhesive bonds well. Don't get carried away, one squeeze is enough to set the bond.
5.) Cut the end of the tube that extends from the end of the condom; the remaining length should match the end of the barb on the p-valve hose.
6.) You might be between sizes. If the condom is slightly big for you, it will be easier to put on, but may blow off easier. The opposite is true for a condom that is closer to your size. Order a sample pack and try different sizes.

I put one on before leaving the house. At the end of the day, it's much easier to remove. Try that out, if you are having removal issues.

Cheers,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom