Comps with good gauge mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got a Uwatec Tec 2G and I am very pleased with it but I was thinking of getting another one for my gf but I just found out that the Aladin 2G is it's replacement.

I would really love to get a computer that is affordable <$500 and has a as much features crammed into it with a great depth gauge mode not just a free dive.

I've been looking at the Veo 3.0 and it seems a very nice computer but how does it compare against Suunto Vytec DS or the Tec 2G .

I noticed that some have commented that the oceanic doesn't seem to handle deco well and I've not heard much about the gauge mode of it as well.

Any comments would be appreciated or should I just go for the Aladin 2g?

SangP

For what its worth I LOVE my tech 2g. It has a great computer and its gauge mode is exactly what a diver would need. Also, its less than 500. The only disclaimer is that I haven't owned another computer BUT I dont think I will ever need to so long as they are manufacturing the tech 2g.

Hi guys,

I got a Uwatec Tec 2G and I am very pleased with it but I was thinking of getting another one for my gf but I just found out that the Aladin 2G is it's replacement.

I would really love to get a computer that is affordable <$500 and has a as much features crammed into it with a great depth gauge mode not just a free dive.

I've been looking at the Veo 3.0 and it seems a very nice computer but how does it compare against Suunto Vytec DS or the Tec 2G .

I noticed that some have commented that the oceanic doesn't seem to handle deco well and I've not heard much about the gauge mode of it as well.

Any comments would be appreciated or should I just go for the Aladin 2g?

SangP

Sad to say but I was told the Tec 2G is going to be replaced with the 2g which is about $200 more :(

SangP

All the more reason to buy another one now. I see they're in stock at LeisurePro for $325.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom