Sidemount mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelAnderberg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

So, I have a Perdix AI and a Teric, both with the latest available firmware. I also have two Swift transmitters, again with the latest firmware - to my knowledge.
I’ve set my computers to S/M mode with recommended switch every 30 bars. When putting my Sidemount kit together in the dive shop, I actually saw the Perdix indicating with a green dot which tank it recommended me to use. Unfortunately, that was also the last time I saw it do it. I’ve done four dives now and never once did either computer seem to at all recognize that I was in Sidemount mode. They just refused to indicate recommended bottle and also they in all other respects seemed to regard the tanks as individuals.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do? The documentation on this feature from Shearwater is unfortunately pretty much non-existent. They brush over that the mode exists but don’t really at all explain how to use it nor what to expect?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks/Mike

Have you emailed Shearwater directly? I don’t see mention of that in your post. They’re pretty responsive.

I'v not seen anything on the Shearwater site regarding updates for the (Swift) transmitter's.

Also, I can't see any need for the transmitter to have any special software for side mount. The Swift is just a sender, sending the current pressure, (all be it that the new Swift checks to only transmits when the channel is free to avoid interference).

The clever stuff is done in the computer. The computer identifies which transmitter is transmitting data (and which cylinder this relates too). It converts the information to psi or bar. It sends alarms and warnings dependent on internal settings.

The quickest thing is to email Shearwater. In my experience, they are very good at responding to questions and quires.

I'v not seen anything on the Shearwater site regarding updates for the (Swift) transmitter's.

Also, I can't see any need for the transmitter to have any special software for side mount. The Swift is just a sender, sending the current pressure, (all be it that the new Swift checks to only transmits when the channel is free to avoid interference).

The clever stuff is done in the computer. The computer identifies which transmitter is transmitting data (and which cylinder this relates too). It converts the information to psi or bar. It sends alarms and warnings dependent on internal settings.

The quickest thing is to email Shearwater. In my experience, they are very good at responding to questions and quires.
You are probably right. It's just all my years working with computers and software that makes me immediately think about latest firmware as soon as I try and troubleshoot something :)
But' I'll check with Shearwater and then I'll share their answer with everyone here.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

1650486429334.png

Hi everyone,

So, I have a Perdix AI and a Teric, both with the latest available firmware. I also have two Swift transmitters, again with the latest firmware - to my knowledge.
I’ve set my computers to S/M mode with recommended switch every 30 bars. When putting my Sidemount kit together in the dive shop, I actually saw the Perdix indicating with a green dot which tank it recommended me to use. Unfortunately, that was also the last time I saw it do it. I’ve done four dives now and never once did either computer seem to at all recognize that I was in Sidemount mode. They just refused to indicate recommended bottle and also they in all other respects seemed to regard the tanks as individuals.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do? The documentation on this feature from Shearwater is unfortunately pretty much non-existent. They brush over that the mode exists but don’t really at all explain how to use it nor what to expect?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks/Mike
Look at the version 84 section (page 4) of the release notes for sidemount updates to Perdix AI firmware (assume there might now be a setting to enable it?):

https://www.shearwater.com/wp-conte...I-Perdix-Nerd-2-v87-Release-Notes-English.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom