Combo fin for scuba and free diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akcoastie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was wondering if anyone has anyrecommendations for fins that are a good compromise between use as a free diving fin and a scuba diving fin. I would like to avoid having to buy two sets for only a slight advantage in each area. My free dives are imited to about 30-40ft so top of the line free diving fins seem a little excessive. Price, as always, is a factor.

It has been my experience that combo-anything results in dissatisfaction in both areas. If you can not or will not afford both, get the best you can for the activity you do the most and suffer though in the other.

what price range? where in Alaska are you??

For freediving in the range that you indicate, 30 to 40 feet, you might find that a good pair of paddle blade (that is, not a split fin) scuba dive fins work amazingly well, at least that has been my experience with my jetfins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom