CO Analysers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, of course not. The disappointment is that DAN and the agencies do so very little to warn or the dangers or suggest the importance of tank testing. DAN did gift Meridiano with Analox inline monitors, but those can be ignore when busy - the time a compressor is most likely to produce CO internally.

The problem with DAN and the agencies getting onboard with the need seems to be money. Telling students that they need to buy & use tank testers could greatly discourage new divers and the business they bring to the sport.. With the continued lack of sufficient exams disclosing CO injuries and even deaths, and with such being written off as travelers flu and drowning, the companies can continue to ignore the risks.

Why is it DAN's responsibility ?

I personally think of DAN as an emergency network for Divers. They don't sell courses other than First Aid/Emergency First Response in some regions.

If anything, it should be taught in OW, much the same as O2 testing is taught in Nitrox.

Why is it DAN's responsibility ?

I personally think of DAN as an emergency network for Divers. They don't sell courses other than First Aid/Emergency First Response in some regions.

If anything, it should be taught in OW, much the same as O2 testing is taught in Nitrox.
I don't know where you are as you kept that off of your profile, so I don't know which DAN you have. DAN America presents itself as the trusted authority in dive medicine & safety, so fails in this one risk.

How does that connect to the tank? Do you just put it in front of the valve and bleed some gas?
Two ways:
1. The simplest method is what you describe
2. The analyzer also comes with a plastic cone that clips to the round sensor opening, and there is plastic tubing that extends from the cone. I have a DIN and yoke adapter that I can screw onto the cylinder and plug in the plastic tube for a direct connection.

I think it was this thread, but there might be others similar. ... support for my CooToo (edited)
Yeah that's one of them. Divenav is pretty bad on customer service. I decided I liked having a dual gas analyzer enough that I would have to live with it as best I could. I get the impression it's a tiny company run by engineers. Many engineers I work with.. aren't exactly people people if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope they grow to a point where they hire someone to do customer service or otherwise figure it out, they've got a lot of potential. AFAIK they make the only all in one dual gas analyzer at anywhere near a reasonable price point.

The company also makes some nice looking computer software. Unfortunately it's got some bugs and the same level of customer service as cootwo.

The Analox EII is still my favorite. It's too bad that the market would not support the manufacture and the company stopped making them, but if you can find one - new or used, the company will still provide sensors when needed

I’m glad to hear this, do you know how to go about getting new sensors as mine is quite a number of years old.

I’m glad to hear this, do you know how to go about getting new sensors as mine is quite a number of years old.
Call or write them, explain your need, and I bet they will help. Contact Us - Analox

See my reply in the other thread.

Yeah that's one of them. Divenav is pretty bad on customer service. I decided I liked having a dual gas analyzer enough that I would have to live with it as best I could. I get the impression it's a tiny company run by engineers. Many engineers I work with.. aren't exactly people people if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope they grow to a point where they hire someone to do customer service or otherwise figure it out, they've got a lot of potential. AFAIK they make the only all in one dual gas analyzer at anywhere near a reasonable price point.

The company also makes some nice looking computer software. Unfortunately it's got some bugs and the same level of customer service as cootwo.

Remember original fiasco, especially one thread with Divenav's TOS (seems its deleted now). Was interested in cootwo and still am, but attitude steered me clear. So, instead of starting new thread, we can assume that nothing changed? But to be fair, @DiveNav , can you please provide some feedback, thanks?

Back
Top Bottom