CO Analysers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He got a generic tester like this one (I'm having trouble with that link; see below*), but paid $10 more. There are several similar out there. They use 3 AAA batteries which are such a pain how fast they lose power compared to 2 AAs so carry extras. That model cannot be expected to give accurate readings in the 1/1,000,000 units, but it can keep you from getting hurt. If it reads any CO at all, reject the tank. The sensor will drift in time so date the unit in writing and replace it annually.

* Go to Amazon and search for Handheld Carbon Monoxide Meter,High Precision CO Detector,LCD CO Gas Leak Detector,Continuous CO Gas Tester Monitor for $30. Looks like this...

Are you saying to replace the Sensorcon devices annually? Or jsut the sensor you linked?

I keep wanting to get the Sensorcon, I need to. How often do you replace those?

Are you saying to replace the Sensorcon devices annually? Or jsut the sensor you linked?

I keep wanting to get the Sensorcon, I need to. How often do you replace those?
Oh, no, I was suggesting that if one buys one of those generic CO alarms for $30-40 to replace it after a year even tho the ads often claim it lasts longer. I just have marginal expectations for those, so I would write the purchase date on the back with an indelible marker and send it to electronic recycling after a year.

I think the Sensorcon CO is trustworthy for at least two years. They claim that the software adjusts for sensor drift and I think I believe them. A couple of years ago I took advantage of a sale and bought a new one instead of returning my old one for battery and sensor replacement service, but kept the old one on, lying on a counter at home, and it's still going after four years. It still responds to bump tests. It's as tough as claimed too. I ran the old one thru a complete wash cycle with bleach attached to my khaki trousers with no harm.

Oh, no, I was suggesting that if one buys one of those generic CO alarms for $30-40 to replace it after a year even tho the ads often claim it lasts longer. I just have marginal expectations for those, so I would write the purchase date on the back with an indelible marker and send it to electronic recycling after a year.

I think the Sensorcon CO is trustworthy for at least two years. They claim that the software adjusts for sensor drift and I think I believe them. A couple of years ago I took advantage of a sale and bought a new one instead of returning my old one for battery and sensor replacement service, but kept the old one on, lying on a counter at home, and it's still going after four years. It still responds to bump tests. It's as tough as claimed too. I ran the old one thru a complete wash cycle with bleach attached to my khaki trousers with no harm.

Thanks!

So, I did my masters designing fuel cell CO sensors mainly working off Figaro sensors as a baseline.

Those sensors are pretty tough and stable, especially the larger battery looking ones which use an alkaline fuel cell design.

Gist of it is that for those that want to DIY one I have a super accurate circuit design and lots of data for two of the common Figaro cells.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom