C'mon, you know you want to take UTD Essentials!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't plan anything till after the Sharks are out of the playoffs, which start mid-April.

I can't plan anything till after the Sharks are out of the playoffs, which start mid-April.

I tried getting a friend into your Essentials class, but he has been having an ear infection, not allowing him to clear his right ear.

The class came to quickly since his return back from Thailand so he wants to let his ear heal, if your class gets pushed back, I will try to get him in.

He wants to do Essentials last I spoke to him, so it's a matter of schedule.

Damn Sharks mess it up for divers both in and out of the water... :D

True, I can't plan anything till the playoffs are over. That and I have a kid, which makes scheduling challenging for me too. The job, not so much.
Sorry about your friend, I've put a lot of energy and time into this Essentials class, sucks that everything got aligned properly for me but not for anyone else, lol.
Now I'm just tired. And sore. Nothing that a new weekend of getting my butt kicked couldn't cure.

Bump!

The Essentials course is a fun entry level class for DIR skills that teaches basics such as effective kicks, teamwork, trim, safety, dive planning, etc.

It's a great place to learn many useful skills. A stand alone class, or a foundation for future training.

Essentials of Recreational Diving - Unified Team Diving

Good luck finding classmates Christina. I loved Don's class and I am sure you will too!

I *may* have found a new teammate for the class, waiting for him to contact Don. Crossed fingers!

I've PM'd Don on here and am waiting for him to call me back.

Awesome, Nate! Please text me if/when you get it locked down. Like I said, I'll have to start studying again if the class is on and there's a hockey game tonight, so I would start tomorrow night.

Awesome, Nate! Please text me if/when you get it locked down. Like I said, I'll have to start studying again if the class is on and there's a hockey game tonight, so I would start tomorrow night.

Christina,

Keep in mind it's great to have three students in a class. So even if one classmate signs up, there's still a slot open for someone else who has interest.

Kristina, here's a bump and I wish you the best of luck finding a 3rd for your class! Traditionally, it seems that the hardest parts of getting these classes together are finding instructor time (thankfully, here in Monterey we have so many good instructors and don't suffer from this problem) and getting enough like-minded people together to make the commitment as students.

Keep at it, I know there are plenty of people who are curious about the class and interested in improving their basic dive skills!

Back
Top Bottom