C'mon, you know you want to take UTD Essentials!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trust me Brian, they both have their merits!

They are different in many ways!

Wait till you take both classes to compare !

I can't wait to hear your opinion then :D!!!

Oh - just to be clear... I've also purchased and read Jarrod Jablonski's book ("DIR: The Fundamentals of Better Diving") and I thought it was a great read. Knowing Sue and Beto and having listened in the background to a bit of their courses, I'm definitely looking forward to checking out the GUE course as well. I just think that as far as online instruction goes, the UTD site is definitely the best I've seen. If PADI is as serious about going down that road as they say they are, it would behoove them to take a look...

I am not diving the new hoses just yet, was waiting for the class. We got them all hooked up at AWS and then put them back to normal after getting the sizing right.
I have tried the jetfins a couple times and really need some hands-on help with those, for some reason those are pretty tricky.

Kristina,

I'm so excited for you! Be patient for class.. I'm sure you will learn tons!

Fingers crossed for a great classmate!

Kristina,

Fingers crossed!

Kristina,

...or at least Hepcat :D

Keeping Kristina's thread on top...after all this is a great class, and most anyone can learn plenty from it.

The "Manta" silicon ones the dive shops sells are not ideal. One of my friends cussed and swore at his and promptly returned it. The reg pops out of them way to easy, so when you really need the reg it may not be there. I would recommend simple bungee that costs next to nothing. Some times the cheapest option is the best option.

Yep. That was me. The Manta one was crap, as my reg came right out each time I drilled with it.

I just got some bungee from the hardware store and tied a couple of fishermen's knots. No issues.

I've been getting my black bungee for my neckless from my dive buddies save a boat, dive kit
Fixed it for you :D

Yep. That was me. The Manta one was crap, as my reg came right out each time I drilled with it.

I just got some bungee from the hardware store and tied a couple of fishermen's knots. No issues.
I thought we made one for you? Can't remember I have made so many...

Yes! If anyone is interested and would like more detail on the course, please PM me or Kristina.

I think anyone interested in this class would have a great time with Don.

Good luck with the course (and finding teammates), Kristina!

I agree, Don's a fantastic teacher & Essentials is a great class!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom