Cleaning de-odorizing inside of dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flightlead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Whats the best method for cleaning and de-odorizing the inside of a drysuit ? (Pinnacle Evo II if it matters).

Last week I turned it inside out and sprayed/wiped with dilute simple green, this week I used Dawn. It still smells like a cat tray in there!

Prevention is the best cure - I'll rinse the inside of the suit and dry it before it smells like a pair of gym shorts in the bottom of a locker.

STOP PISSING IN IT !!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Devil made me do it and all that.

Seriously, once it is ripe it is much harder to freshen up again. Rinsing and thoroughly drying after use will prevent this.

Repeated cleansing and drying will fix it up over a short period. I spray with febreeze or lysol to kill the smell on my suits.

What HAVE you been doing in that suit? LOL

Hang it outside, and inside out, for a day or two....out of the sun....that should make it smell a bit more pleasant.

I had a similar funk going inside my dry gloves, and the manufacturer recommended washing the inside using a terrycloth towel soaked in a diluted solution of dish soap and warm water, rinsing well in fresh water and letting them dry completely. As noted above they also recommended periodically spraying with Febreze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom