Christi with Blue XTSEA Takes a TypeII DCS Hit (+)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi,
I'm glad that you are starting to feel better.
Thank you for posting about your situation.Your advice might just be what helps another diver avoid what you are going through.

As a "been there done that" person, who had a DCS2 hit in 2004 (not as severe as yours-"only" 6 chamber rides required), let me say PLEASE follow all the instructions given to you by your doctors. After my "hit" it was a good 6-7 months before the tingling went away, and before I felt a "normal" level of energy.
Every time I'd try to "overdo", I'd pay a price in backsliding.

Please be good to yourself.
It sounds like you have a good support network nearby-let them do some of the things that you would normally take care of. I'm sure its tough , but your #1 task should be your recovery.
Best of luck in getting well.
Mike

Yes, my sentiments exactly!
Accept the help that those around you are willing to give.
Get yourself better!
Ken

Was over at her house until 9 tonight, she is very groggy. So she needs to rest, period. She is a one woman show so she is getting some help tomorrow with emails. Like Jen buddy says please be patient. She'll git'r'done soon enough.:D

Thank you and Deb SOO much for everything - your visits to the chamber, daily check-ins, bringing me stuff I needed, your support, encouragement and your friendship!! Miss you already - and praying that I will be able to dive with you in June! Stay warm and hurry back! xoxo to both of you!

Thanks for posting this for everybody to read Christi. It was great seeing you, I just wish it was under better circumstances for you. Stay strong, I know you will and you will be back to doing the things you love again.

Brian

Get well soon Christi!

Good lessons for all of us to learn. I'm just sorry you had to be the one to teach us the hard way!

Sorry to hear what happened; I hope you recover quickly. I'm heading to Cozumel this weekend if you happen to need anything stateside.

I've met Christi a handful of times while in Cozumel and although I've never dove with her operation I've always found her posts extremely helpful on here.

I think one thing we can all glean from Christi's story is that this can happen to anyone if the conditions are aligned.

If Christi, one of the most responsible, knowledgeable, and skilled divers I know can take a hit then we all need to think beyond our dive tables in order to stay safe.

Thanks for the share Christi. Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Hope you're healing well, Chrisit - and will post a report in A&I when you feel up to it. I know that you are a much more experienced diver than I as well as better and more careful than me too - so it does drive hope the warning that it can happen to anyone, especially breaking a few rules as you mentioned.

Was this one for about the same reasons as the first one, or much different? I know you feel that you have to push yourself, but my granddad used to tell me that he couldn't get any work out of a mule he didn't take care of - well, not that I am comparing you to one, but in his day a good pair of mules made a farm run and fed a family. They were pretty damned important.

, but my granddad used to tell me that he couldn't get any work out of a mule he didn't take care of - well, not that I am comparing you to one, but in his day a good pair of mules made a farm run and fed a family. They were pretty damned important.

You know there are analogies that work well and then there is this. When you have to explain mules are important, you know you have gone down a strange road..... :rofl4::rofl2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom