Cheap hotels near Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be going down to Travis for an AOW class hopefully the weekend of June 10 and am looking for information on some cheap hotels down there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anything along the I-35 corridor in Round Rock should be fairly reasonable...

Dude, pitch a tent, make some friends with the neighbors, random night dives, LIVE IT UP!!!

<note> if you do decide to drink, please, hand over your regulator to someone who is sober... </note>

Yea, I agree with Pville. Camping out at Windy Point is alot of fun. Lots of Big Fish stories around the camp fire!

Hmm, sounds like I should consider heading down to Academy and getting some camping gear. I think I'll swing over there and see if I can find some reasonably priced stuff. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Try

http://www.staystudio6.com/ we stayed there a couple of weeks ago and it was $53 a night plus tax. Clean, with kitchenette.

Austin Northwest #6032
11901 Pavilion Boulevard
US 183 at Oak Knoll Drive
Austin, TX, United States, 78759
Phone: (512) 258-3556
Fax: (512) 258-3582

Tent at Windy Point is the way to go. Done it 3 times in the last 8 months after staying in hotel the first time. Hotels are too far away...20-30 minutes...and not as much fun!

Hockeyguy, who are you doing the class through? I am going to be down there next weekend as well for my AOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom