Cats vs Dogs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plot:
i agree. bucky is the best comic cat ever.
And many times I feel like his owner when dealing with my teenager.

fairybasslet:
How about dog owners who let them walk on nature trails that have signs posted "No dogs allowed" and then let them crap on the trail leaving some unsuspecting hiker (namely me) the nasty chore of cleaning dog poop out their crevices of their hiking shoes?

Irresponsible pet ownership affects both cats and dogs. Both are equally annoying, like the crying neighborhood tomcats I wrote about. Or ones who roam the neighborhood "marking" your car, for example.

I especially have issues with those who leave food out for feral cats. They're the reason the feral cat population in some areas has exploded out of control; not only are there not any breeding controls, but now you're feeding them too.

In cities like Los Angeles which are next to National Forest areas and/or have mountainous regions, it also attracts the critters from the wild areas and into the city, causing further problems. Some of these critters may take care of the feral cat population, but I'm not sure a bear or a mountain lion wandering your neighborhood is the best solution for that.

I grew up with my grandparents Dobermans. One at a time and in my memory they had three. The first one was so mean that they had to give her back. The second was my best friend and the third was a bit of a silly dog, always into trouble. Loved playing around with the last two. Once I fell and the dog came running to check out my wounds and make sure I was OK. I did try having my own dog once but it seemed I just didn't have the authority that the dog would listen to me. My ex still has the dog.

My husband has a cat, Pat (Red and white striped cat). She was the queen of the house before I showed up. Although I also have had many cats in the past and had great affection for them, even with my allergies, this one definitely has an attitude. I don't like her and the feeling is mutual. Early in the morning she will come and shake the back metal screen door - relentlessly - until her "daddy" opens the door for her. She will then DEMAND food and if she doesn't like what he puts down for her she will flick her tail, walk to the door and either just stare at it till it magically opens or complain till we open it for her.

When we went on our last trip (4 days) we left Pat inside - she pushed out the small screen of the bathroom window and ran away...she came back a day or two after we returned and, as always when we travel, gave us the cold shoulder and the look for having left.

My younger brother has a cat name Marley that although she is very sweet, she can be a total spaz. He enters the house and Marley pounces him from the top of the bookcase and lands on his shoulders.

why do cats seek people out who ignore them?

that really annoys me..."just go find a cat lover", I'm thinking. But they get all over me for some reason. I think they know I cannot toss them on the floor in front of their owners. I would really like to go and pick them off a chair and give them a toss and sit down. But I don't cause they scare me with those claws and all. They always pick the best chairs...which makes them competition.

you are too funny....Pat would love you! (She runs from be because I won't let her on the counter or my bed like daddy used to...lol)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom