Catherine needs our urgent help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
well as we get free air then it seems a done deal!

maybe Catherine can get a job in iraq? sneek in some JB time, check out the sites, get a tan...... :)
Thats what Im tring to find for her. Thus the Kuwait job and the ARC links.
Guys, she is looking for a distraction not a mindless job doing coding or something. I started this tounge in cheek but she realy wants to go help out in the gulf.Iffin y'all have any real ideas about how she can spend some time in the area, please share. SHe does not NEED to work for money but Im sure that would be a bonus eh?

OH OH OH She could always head around the world with DD on his trip. . . :popcorn:

Dennis?

No this fellow is a bit more Dandy. . .

Wildcard:
Thats what Im tring to find for her. Thus the Kuwait job and the ARC links.
Guys, she is looking for a distraction not a mindless job doing coding or something. I started this tounge in cheek but she realy wants to go help out in the gulf.Iffin y'all have any real ideas about how she can spend some time in the area, please share. SHe does not NEED to work for money but Im sure that would be a bonus eh?

Well, if she really wants to work with deployed troops the Red Cross is the way.
www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/htmlall/special_iraq

yea, mdb, that's what I would like to do.

You think I could?

I like that idea, because they usually leave them alone. don't they?
that sounds good, could be very rewarding.

I see contacts and how to make a donation, but not positions for volunteering....

I can figure that out

How about volunteering for one of those expeditions that travels to French Frigate Shoals to tag Hawaiian green sea turtles ?

ok dudes.... nice thread title

my blood pressure spiked when i saw it

catherine96821:
yea, mdb, that's what I would like to do.

You think I could?

I like that idea, becaus they usually leave them alone. don't they?

I think you could. It would be very dangerous.

The "other guys" sometimes will target the brave women. They know it enrages the guys on the ground. Nurses, medics, etc. do get enormous respect and, sometimes, both sides will help them. I've seen it both ways. I've watched a brave North Vietnamese nurse walk across a battefield when both sides stopped shooting as she tended to the wounded. I have also seen brave Navy Corpsman killed as they moved forward.

Seems to me one person in harms way is enough. Time for some diving, taking care of the kids, etc.

I would if I could. that's what I have been doing. I can't make it. mdb..you know anybody there (at the ICRC) ? or anybody that knows somebody...

ok dudes.... nice thread title
yea, sorry bout that, you know WC.... don't want to cry wolf.

Back
Top Bottom