Catherine needs our urgent help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check this out

people of Afghanistan are so liar to invent "raqs-e-Murda", and "nailing people on the head", "cutting the breast of innocent women"... if they were not committed by the Hezb-e-Wahshat?

WC, I think maybe we should rethink this....

http://www.afghan-web.com/cgi-bin/y...d=news;action=display;num=1174546215;start=66

sorry, this is fascinating.

sounds like a very rough place. I wonder though if it is pretty safe on the FOB. Is the whole thing a big tent?

I'm a nurse...sorta.

I think volunteer work would be rewarding, just not sure where yet.

I gave you the Kuwait link, you chose the afgan link. There is diving in Kuwait ya know?

riguerin:
Well you don't actually have to be good at something to get a job, but it usually helps if you are :D

A good match would be something that maximizes the following three categories:

• Something you enjoy doing
  • Something you're good at
  • Something people will pay you money to do
I think you left out...
  • Something legal

dlndavid:
I think you left out...
  • Something legal

You big party pooper ! :mooner:

Kuwait sounds very regimented.

The lady said yesterday about running the USO in ASfganistan that "basically we just drop you off, you know"
imagine that...getting flown into Afganistan with your coffee pot and ajax.

that forum was a big wake-up though.

seems a lot of Americans just disappear. Yea, I get the feeling it's the wild, wild west on steroids.

The Chad:
How about a job in diving?.....oh yeah wait a minute, I forgot about the pay!!!:rofl3:
What pay? Oh, you mean the payout!
Rick :)

Sounds pretty much like every trip. "someone will meet you at the airport"...Id like to know who? Had to find my way by myself every time.

WC, taking vets who wanted to get back in the game after being injured would be great. I talked to Tony about it. It is a lot to bite off. I'd prefer to do it more low key, but I think you need to jump through a lot of hoops.

plus, my pool is not heated and he says amputees have trouble regulating their body temp. May be less ambitious would be to take them boating and see how it goes.

I'm being serious and ya'll are talking about GI distress.

Yea, making my way through Kandahar sounds scary. Exciting though.
women don't just roam around alone there, I thought.

hey, I could log on to the forum and ask "them". They were all arguing last night, so I did not want to interupt.

Id like to know who? Had to find my way by myself every time.

I hope you keep your opinions to yourself over there....you speaking could be risky.

Never had a problem, guns help.
Here is an idea, for real, ARC. ya amight even be able to get in country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom