Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Jaime is wonderful. Always trying to help us work on our spanish!

He gave up on me when it comes to learning spanish but he did teach me to say: Egg white omelette without butter or oil and I must have got it right as the Chef stopped laughing at me :) !! He also made sure that the cereal my daughters love was always on hand for us even though it wasnt their standard fare.

Jeff - I was in exactly your situation last month and stayed at the Bahia. Close to everything, huge rooms and fridge, very reasonable rates, and the free breakfast at Casa Mex. As others have pointed out breakfast doesn't start until 7:00, which is pretty lame for a hotel that caters to divers. And the quality is probably 6 on a scale of 10.

As far as diving, I was diving solo also. If you choose Aldora, you can buddy up with a DM no problem. And by the way they have great DMs. The best part is that their dock is almost right across the suite from the Bahia - it's like your own personal dock.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your trip.

the free breakfast at Casa Mex. As others have pointed out breakfast doesn't start until 7:00, which is pretty lame for a hotel that caters to divers. And the quality is probably 6 on a scale of 10.
Did you have time to enjoy breakfast without feeling super rushed to get to the dock?
I am curious to know what you liked and disliked about the breakfast.
Also would you eat there and pay the price for their breakfast if you were staying somewhere else?

I usually stay at Suites Bahia and walk over a couple of blocks to get my free breakfast.The hot side over the years has not always been ready at 7 sharp with the egg station but you can usually get scrambled off the buffet.The breakfast is good and consists of cereals,fresh fruit,and juices.They have the usual assortment of buffet items and breakfast meats and a hot station where they will make eggs to order french toast and waffles.
I don't know for sure but I heard they charge $12 dollars to eat there if you are not staying at one of there hotels.I personally would not pay that much for breakfast as I only eat a small amount before I go out diving in the morning.Bahia or Colonial Suites usually have rooms for around $40 dollars per night so breakfast is a nice plus for me.
I dive with Opal's dream and don't have to be at the shop till around 8 and they are right around the corner so time wise there is no rush.Forgot to mention they usually make fresh empanadas in the morning but not usually ready at 7.

Does Casa Mexicana or Suites Bahia now have strong wifi inside the rooms? It used to be just in the lobby only.

Did you have time to enjoy breakfast without feeling super rushed to get to the dock?
I am curious to know what you liked and disliked about the breakfast.
Also would you eat there and pay the price for their breakfast if you were staying somewhere else?
Hi blue steal...njones' response matches my opinion. I did feel a little rushed in the morning, since Aldora likes to see you there at 7:30. I guess overall I would do it again, maybe next time mix it up with a few breakfasts at La Choza instead. Another option if you don't need a hot breakfast is to stock up on fruits and pastries from the Mega, since the in-room fridge is huge.

At the Mexicana it was much better when I was there last month. I could connect in the room which I could not do in December 2012.

I think it is very dependent on which room you have. Some rooms definitely have stronger signals than others.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom