Question casa mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right. Except that the OP was asking about how noisy the city facing rooms are...
The Casa Mexicana rooms are all pretty noisy during Carnaval, I'd wager. Not my cuppa; my party all night days are far behind me.

I don’t recall them ever being noticeably loud.

Oceanfront room will likely be very loud during Carnival, might also be loud on the back side too but not sure (only stayed on the back side once, always OF after that).

I personally would skip Carnival week, too much for me these days. I used to go to NOLA the weekend before Fat Tuesday for years but quit when Katrina hit, we got too old lol.

Regarding taxis: negotiate. Always. I could usually get one from Aldora to Casa Del Mar for 100-120 pesos, but I was willing to hoof it instead of paying the initial ask

The correct fare is $95
Never negotiate. Pay the correct fare, thank him/her, walk away. Of course, tip if you wish.
Which works out wonderfully if you have exact change, and not at all if you don’t

We round up. From Villa aldora to centro is $75mxn. We give 100. If fare is $105 we give 120 (buit in tip) We don't carry coins, only bills. We don't negotiate, we know the fare and just hand the correct fare (plus tip) to them and say muchas gracious. Only time we walked out of cab is when the cab driver said "my fare to xxxxx is 200". I said the fare should be 105 per rate card and left the cab. Next one pulled up, just took to me to my destination and I gave him 150 (smallest bills i had).
I get a stash of 20, 50 and 100 mxn notes at my US bank before we go (not as good of rate as ATM in mexico). We get all the big bills at the Banorte ATM accross from Wet Wendy or the Santander bank on 10th and 3rd. In December the Banorte gave all 200 notes and Santander gave 500 notes. We normally manage with the stash and a stack of 500 notes.

Back
Top Bottom