Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffromonty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning a trip to Coz in July was looking for any pros or cona to the Casa Mexicana cozumel. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

I was always told that Casa Mexicana has some of the softer beds of the Coz hotels. Never slept on one, but I can tell you all the other ones I did sleep on were a little hard.

Casa Mexican is also downtown enough to have alot of good places in walking distance.

Might want to think about Suites Bahia.Same owners and same free breakfast.Usually a lot cheaper,large clean rooms with kitchenette and right down the street from Casa Mex.

I have had noise issues...probably from the Carlos n Charlies area. A different room solved that problem.

Planning a trip to Coz in July was looking for any pros or cona to the Casa Mexicana cozumel. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

I stayed there last Feb/Mar and loved it. Large very clean rooms, comfortable beds, air conditioning that worked well and included a breakfast that was awesome with fresh mango, juices, salmon, capers and made to order omelets, etc. Will stay there again next trip to Cozumel.

Easy walk to the Barracuda where I dove with Dive Paradise (5th dive trip with them) and stored my gear in their lockers. Close to market. Perfect location in my humble opinion, with an ocean front balcony to watch the street activity and parades below, or head to the pool area balcony on 2nd floor to enjoy the view.

Enjoy!

^What they said!

Our room was on the back side not ocean side. Wound up preferring it since it was much quieter. We just headed to the pool area balcony if we handed to watch the world go by. Room was super clean, and beds were very comfortable. All tap water in room is filtered.

Breakfast was excellent, but I like omelets. There were other options too.

Good hotel.only downside is that its a long way from the better dive sites,unless you get a fast boat.

Good hotel.only downside is that its a long way from the better dive sites,unless you get a fast boat.

The vast majority of the dive boats start some distance from the major dive sites.

Thanks for all the input. Looking forward to the trip, would like to go now but too busy for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom