Casa Mexicana Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neehooya

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello All,
A quick question related to Casa Mexicana, I'm assuming that they are open, anybody stayed there recently, can you chime in? Same accommodations, what's breakfast situation now? Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Contemplating a trip to CZM before everything closes up again.
Cheers.

I don't believe the CM has reopened yet but I could be wrong. I think the sister hotel Bahia Suites a block north has opened though. Someone mentioned that when/if the CM does reopen the breakfast buffet will not be opening as pretty much all buffets have been shut down.

I messaged them yesterday through their web page. I have not heard back. As far as I can tell, they have disabled their reservation system on their web page. They will still show up on aggregator website (Kayak, Travelocity, etc), but I would be leery of those reservations.

Thank you both, much appreciated, it does make sense about breakfast.

As of Saturday they were still closed. They own three properties:
Casa Mexicana
Suites Bahia
The Colonial
Currently to the best of my knowledge,I believe they only have the Colonial (right off the south side of the square) open. Several weeks back I spoke with someone staying there and was told they were doing an a la cart mini breakfast. I do not think Buffets are currently allowed due to the Covid restrictions.

I've almost skipped a day of diving so I could indulge in that buffet a little longer. My wife wouldn't touch a buffet now, and I'm not sure I would either.

Thank you both, much appreciated, it does make sense about breakfast.

It doesn't to me as there is almost no spread through contact and I've not seen one confirmed case of someone getting covid this way. In any event, there are simple things to address the concerns. Require masks when getting food. Install a sink and require washing hands before getting food or require putting on surgical gloves. That might add 5 pesos to the cost. Or have employees serve food.

Of course, if current rules do not allow it then that is that. But one of CM's claims to fame was their breakfast buffet and without it it is just another hotel. It was good for divers to be able to eat quick and go. It it's gone for good they will likely have to drop their rates $10 or so for me to stay there again. I think I've stayed there four times.

I don't believe the CM has reopened yet but I could be wrong. I think the sister hotel Bahia Suites a block north has opened though. Someone mentioned that when/if the CM does reopen the breakfast buffet will not be opening as pretty much all buffets have been shut down.
We are going there in two weeks and Aldora Divers Calles is to say casa Mexican isn’t opening yet and they moved us to Bahia Suites.

As of Saturday they were still closed. They own three properties:
Casa Mexicana
Suites Bahia
The Colonial
Currently to the best of my knowledge,I believe they only have the Colonial (right off the south side of the square) open. Several weeks back I spoke with someone staying there and was told they were doing an a la cart mini breakfast. I do not think Buffets are currently allowed due to the Covid restrictions.

What is a la carte "mini"? Is it hot food? Is it rationed? Is it served promptly?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom