Casa Mexicana Breakfast Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certain items are not available every day, for example chicken and Jamica drink

I'm pretty adventurous but I'll pass on this chicken-hibiscus concoction. 🤣

On a serious note - do you think there's any reason they wouldn't let you bring your breakfast plate out to the deck by the pool (or even your room) after getting food if you aren't feeling wild about indoor dining experiences?

On a serious note - do you think there's any reason they wouldn't let you bring your breakfast plate out to the deck by the pool (or even your room) after getting food if you aren't feeling wild about indoor dining experiences?
They probably would. Plus (not sure if you've been to Casa Mexicana before) like so many places in Cozumel, even when you are indoors you are kind of outside also -- there is a huge open space on the side of the dining area that is open to the elements, so between that and the fact that the entrance to the outside deck is usually left open there is a fair amount of open air ventilation. Hard to find pictures that convey it all because of the size, but this one may give you an idea:
casa-mexicana-cozumel-restaurant-900px.jpg

I love the buffet layout at Casa Mexicana, and because it is an open atrium, expect a few flying visitors near your table.

Can anyone tell me how the beds are at Casa Mexicana? We bring our blow up camp mattresses for Casa del Mar, but will be staying at CM next time and hoping I won't need it (will bring it anyway because it packs small). Just hoping ....

Hello @Kimela I have stayed @ Casa Mex for the past 15 years. I find the mattresses very comfortable: well supported, neither too soft nor too firm. The cleaning staff is excellent: floors swept/mopped daily.

The tiny mini-fridge is located behind a cupboard door in the wall/storage unit--a little tricky to find--and it will likely need plugging in.

The room safe is small, usually located on the upper shelf in the clothes closet. A little awkward to reach if you are short in stature.

Hello @Kimela I have stayed @ Casa Mex for the past 15 years. I find the mattresses very comfortable: well supported, neither too soft nor too firm. The cleaning staff is excellent: floors swept/mopped daily.

The tiny mini-fridge is located behind a cupboard door in the wall/storage unit--a little tricky to find--and it will likely need plugging in.

The room safe is small, usually located on the upper shelf in the clothes closet. A little awkward to reach if you are short in stature.
I'm used to the safes being above my head! I just throw stuff up there and then feel around for what I'm looking for later. :)

Thanks for the info. We've stayed at CDM so much that this will feel like an 'adventure'! It'll be nice to be close to so many restaurant options that are either 'right there' or a short cab ride rather than a longer haul. Looking forward to it.

Personally, I find the mattresses at Casa Mexicana to be excellent quality and very comfortable. Not too firm, not too soft.

I've stayed at my share of Cozumel hotels over the years and let's just say some mattresses are like sleeping on concrete pads (because they are literally are concrete :) The mattresses at Suites Colonial and Suites Bahia which are both sister hotels to Casa Mexicana come to mind. I share the same opinion about the mattresses at Casa del Mar and Scuba Club Cozumel.

Now it's certainly possible any or all of these hotels could have updated their mattresses but that is just my personal experience and opinion. Having said that, I am not particularly picky about mattresses but I do notice the difference and to me Casa Mexicana beds are extremely comfortable.

Can anyone tell me how the beds are at Casa Mexicana? We bring our blow up camp mattresses for Casa del Mar, but will be staying at CM next time and hoping I won't need it (will bring it anyway because it packs small). Just hoping ....
The beds are fine -- to the point where I don't recall anything exceptional (bad or good).

I like camping.
I like hotels.

[PAUSE while I do a quick check of costs at Casa del Mar]
Any hotel at $100USD+ (not pesos!) per night, where I need to bring camping gear to have a good night's sleep...not getting my business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom