Casa Mexicana Breakfast Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know how the colonial suites breakfast is working now? Used to be you went to casa mexicano, but I believe I heard that it changed and is at colonial suites now

Thanks for the update, my friends usually eat early and my wife around 9-10am.
I believe the other gentleman name was Jimie who unfortunately passed away about a year ago from COVID.
He was really a good guy always enjoyed talking with him.
Well glad to hear we can point to the items we would like then have a pancake or omelete prepared.
Are the tables by reservation now? Or just have Cynthia seat you?
I didn't see any reserved signs, but most people seemed to eat at the same tables during my stay there. We had a group of 10 or so and kept the same two pushed together tables for our entire trip. Cynthia is a rather controlling force in the dining room area; she will set up tables for larger groups like ours, but I don't know about tables for 4. I don't think your wife will have any problems getting seated at 9-10 because the divers are pretty much gone by that time.

Anyone know how the colonial suites breakfast is working now? Used to be you went to casa mexicano, but I believe I heard that it changed and is at colonial suites now
I'd like to know the same thing. Is the Suites Colonial breakfast now at Casa Mexicana or at the Suites Colonial?

I am staying at Casa now.
Casa delivers a continental only breakfast over to colonial suites in the morning around 0630. Only folks staying at casa mexicana get to have the full buffet breakfast.
On a side note Bahia suites is closed for now.
If you have any questions about the casa breakfast and the changes made let me know would be glad to get all the details.

I am staying at Casa now.
Casa delivers a continental only breakfast over to colonial suites in the morning around 0630. Only folks staying at casa mexicana get to have the full buffet breakfast.
On a side note Bahia suites is closed for now.
If you have any questions about the casa breakfast and the changes made let me know would be glad to get all the details.
Thanks for the info! It's curious to me as to why Colonial Suites peeps can't walk down to Casa for breakfast. Is Casa back to doing a buffet?

Thanks for the info! It's curious to me as to why Colonial Suites peeps can't walk down to Casa for breakfast. Is Casa back to doing a buffet?

I'm guessing they looked at the metrics and decided it didn't make economic sense. Maybe not enough Colonial guests were dining at CM to justify the administration of the amenity. Maybe they felt it was cannibalizing stays from CM, that guests were getting the amenity of a higher scale hotel without paying for a higher scale room.

Maybe they felt it was cannibalizing stays from CM, that guests were getting the amenity of a higher scale hotel without paying for a higher scale room.
That's a great point...match the room cost with the type of breakfast. Makes me wonder if, once Suites Bahia opens, it will be the same way.

That's a great point...match the room cost with the type of breakfast. Makes me wonder if, once Suites Bahia opens, it will be the same way.
I recall that they would let you buy in to the buffet and get the blue wrist band when staying at Colonial or Bahia, but it was a significant add on--like $15/day. Sounds high but the rooms at the other two were considerably lower.

Yes the casa mexicana buffet is back with a few changes. First you can only enter from the down stairs lobby. Get your temperature checked and then select your table. You must wear a mask in the dining room but not while sitting at your table.
Gone are the linen tablecloths and napkins.
Also now gone are the small pastries and the juicer.
There is a plexiglass between you and the food/server. You ask for what you like and they prepare it for you and then hand it to you. Omeletes, waffles, pancakes still there.
Other side is the fruit area, same process.
Certain items are not available every day, for example chicken and Jamica drink maybe every third day.
Service is still very good, they open at 0700 and close at 1130.

Now for the bad news, on some days it gets quite busy especially on the hot food side, not so on the fruit side. Because there is sometimes only one person behind the "glass" the process slows down so much that on several days I had to forgo the hot side and just get toast and fruits. Was late to the dive shop a couple of times as a result.
If not diving after 0900 is not bad though.
Weekends have been hit and miss, sometimes empty, like last Sunday and other days packed.
Ok hope this helps.

I wouldn't pay $5 for that breakfast experience.

Back
Top Bottom