Carry On Luggage and Manila Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a bottle of Tanduay here Paolov that a Pinay friend brought me when she came back from Manila.

Diver Dennis:
Jam, you know David and I will always be on our best behavior and we'll send you some pictures to prove it ...:D

Always the consummate gentleman :).
Have some pics also to show from my dives this weekend, most interesting :wink:.
Should be getting them emailed to me in a few days..

Diver Dennis:
fun in here. I'm sure the Dear Leader would approve...

My name is Kim Jong Il and I APPROVE of this thread... :thumb::wink:

adversary.jpg

especially on topics of hot pinays in uniform....

dlndavid:
What is the deal with carry on luggage and going through Manila airport?
Somebody told me they take your carry on to check, and return it to you at a later time. Can anybody clarify this? I keep my most important and valuble items in my carry on and don't like it out of my control.

Oh so this is what started this thread.

Dave, On departure, you will find a huge line at the entrance to the terminal as every gets all their bags x-rayed. But they don't take them from you. Depending on what time of day it is, be prepared to get to the int'l airport at least 2-3 hrs (I think hotels will tell you 3) before your departure. 3hr IMHO is overkill but even arriving 2 hrs before, I got close to missing my int'l flights on a few occaisions... Kind of like leaving Phuket airport if you've seen the line there during the holidays. And if you're flying out of the new PAL terminal, prepare for a long wait at the counters!

They did take my HID away... wouldn't let me take that pipebomb looking battery canister on board... I guess that and my canny resemblence to a N. Korean dictator must have done it...

edit: also dave don't use up all your pesos on SML's and forget to save 550 peso for the departure tax...

I'd also like to add that it's the same for most international destinations, especially those in the developing world with onerous security procedures frankly..
Budget 2-3 hrs to be on the safe side...

BTW Pakman your profile pic is hilarious.., see that you like the olive green camoflauge :D.

I have some enriched uranium you may be interested in Dear Leader. :D
wahhoooooooooooo!!!!! post 59.

Diver Dennis:
Will you be joining us Dear Leader?

No can do... Would love to but I was just out in PG earlier this month and gotta save up my vacation days for a bunch of trips coming up in April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom