Car hit...note left

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's going to get taken care of I wouldn't bother. Around Dayton if there aren't any injuries the cops don't come to an accident in the city anyway :shakehead:

Careful asking about the chicken unless you REALLY want the guy to continue talking to you long after the car is fixed :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

I don't want to have to call the cops, so that is cool. No sense in causing anyone any grief.

He is actually a body builder looking guy. But no...i won't ask about the chicken then.
Thank you Ber.... :wink:

I was just going to mention that Sandy...a neighbor makes a poor choice. They know where you live. They can make life so miserable that you need to move.

Unless I watched the neighbor walk across the surface of the swimming pool or raise the dead or something I'd think twice (unless I was thinking about moving). :D

Good luck with the insurance settlement.

Sounds like you got lucky with an honest person. I'd give him 3 biz days to get his act together with his insurance co and for them to contact you. If no call, then you will need to report it. People are usually remorseful the day after they did something wrong. Dealing with the ins co is a long term test of one's patience & honesty. As tempting as that chicken receipt may be.. keep it business since he lives in your building...

This thread was a good read.

Go get an estimate for repair. Let him know how much it will cost. The insurance will need that anyway.

Yep, that was going to be my suggestion. Get 2 estimates for repair, so that when he calls you back with his decision on whether to pay out of pocket or let insurance handle it, you can have him cut you a check! Get the money from him, and let the insurance re-imburse him. Or get the car in to be repaired right away. Don't let it drag on too long.

Btw, I should have thought of the "smashing car/honest guy technique" for meeting my hot neighbor, a long time ago! Dang!:D

Good luck, at least he left you a note, and didn't just drive off like Lindsey Lohan did in front of a bunch of Paps. I had a passenger fake a thumb injury weeks after an accident,(where no one was injured) just to get a couple of thousand bucks off my Insurance Co. If there were no injuries it would have been no big deal as I had not had an accident in 20 years before that one, but with injuries, my rates went way up for a number of years after. I would work with this guy and see if he can simply pay you the cost of repairs, based on professional body shop estimates, and leave the Insurance people out of it if possable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom