Diving after radiation for breast cancer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bottom line is that they have no ******* clue.
What a silly and unhelpful thing to say. If you mean they don't have perfect knowledge, OK, but it's pretty clear that you are being quite binary: either they know everything or they know nothing. Silly statement.

What a silly and unhelpful thing to say. If you mean they don't have perfect knowledge, OK, but it's pretty clear that you are being quite binary: either they know everything or they know nothing. Silly statement.
Are you sure binary is his preferred pronoun?

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I was diagnosed with Stage 2, ER/PR+, HER- breast cancer in the fall of 2022, and had a mastectomy, followed by 19 rads treatments. I have been diving since then with no ill effects, though I have noticed that my air consumption is not as good as it used to be. My radiation oncologist assured me that diving was fine as is travel to high altitudes (I also ski). My bigger complaint has been the anti-hormone drug, anastrazole in my case. Every old injury I have ever had has returned, I get trigger fingers (never had before), and recently had to have a meniscus repair. I’ve been taking the anastrazole since Feb 23. I plan to ask my oncologist to change at my next appointment. Best wishes to you as you go through a not-very-fun process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom