Cape Ann Day #3 - August 24-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never fear - chocholate cake like Pecan Sandies are loved by many divers, even those not having birthdays, I think you should make the chocholate cake regardless now!

Since we'll be shore diving on Cape Ann, there aren't many locations where going deeper that 60' is even realistic. Since we have new divers going, I'll bet most buddy pairs don't even get below 35'

If this comes out like I'm hoping, it'll be the coolest chocolate cake I've made so far (except maybe for that one with the Kaluha in it). It'll be a shame if you aren't there to enjoy it Sass. What's the story? Are you two coming with us, or what?

I think I'm going to miss my own cake. :(

Lyd does have fun plans for us this weekend, but I don't think we can make it all the way up to Cape Anne. We're headed to Block Island tomorrow. Going to try canoeing with Tucker, the 5-month old pup. A friend of ours had him out when she pup-sat for us recently, and he was really good, so we'll see... Never been to Block Island, so it should be a fun adventure.

Friday we're probably gonna hit some cool 'coasters at Six Flags, New England. I much prefer going there on a weekday, far from the madding crowds.

Saturday and Sunday are still open, but a round-trip of 6 hours, with diving in the middle will probably be a bit much. We may try to see what our LDS has planned, maybe something a little closer.

Have Fun, and enjoy the cake! If you feel inspired, you can even sing under-water for me. On WreckMania, Walter sang a particulary appropriate song to Lydia during the dive. He had us both in stitches.

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Saturday, 12pm at BK? 2 tanks? Are we doing a night/evening dive, or just two easy shore dives?

2 easy shore dives. Cape Ann Divers closes at 6:00 so if there are people that want to stick around for more diving, you can get fills for 'em.

Sorry we won't get to wish you a happy birthday! Enjoy your day - we'll have cake for you that is if MSYLVIA is still up for making it!

I got a cool cake pan recently, and want to try something.

Sass, if you hit six flags, you can get free passes at customer service for some of the best rides. Ask them for passes for all available rides at the first available time slots. If, for example, you have a 4:45 pass for Superman, you can stroll up to the exit to the ride at 4:50 (each is good for a 15 minute time slot), give them the pass, and hop right on, cutting to the front of the hour-long line.

It's free, so get there before they're gone and treat yourselves to some V.I.P. action!:thumb:

MSilvia once bubbled...
It's free, so get there before they're gone and treat yourselves to some V.I.P. action!:thumb:

I heard some 'industry tips and tricks' and one of them was from an amusement park employee. Go to customer service, tell 'em Lydia broke her toe and it hurts to stand in line too long. They have VIP passes you can get that lets you cut in line!

Back
Top Bottom