Cancun-Cozumel Ferry Info Needed Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen an AI on Coz where the food didn't get very tedious after a week, even when it was good. Buffets look the same every day according to meal.

Coz is loaded with a staggering variety of excellent places to eat, with cuisine running the gamut from N'Owleens (French Quarter), Italian (Prima Pasta, Guido’s), local joints (Tacos al Pastore, Comida Economica, El Morro), Mediterranean fusion (La Cocay), seafood (Navagante), breakfasts (Jeannie's Waffle House, museum)--I could go on for pages. Why lock yourself in?

Plus, one isn't going to learn much about Coz & its people hermetically sealed in an AI. It's quite a place--get out & experience it.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

M_B once bubbled...

Hmmm, why? We went to "presentation" to "reef club" they have nice resort and nice (??? who knows better please tell me if i'm wrong here) buffet and restourant.

I would never buy an all-inclusive deal on Cozumel because some of my favorite restaurants anywhere are there. Of course, if one is staying way south, then the decision might go the other way, but I won't be doing that, either. I like to stay close to town.

ggunn once bubbled...

... I like to stay close to town.

Well, maybe you are right. But it was our first visit to island and we found nothing interesting in the town ( including restourants ). I really preffer to go out in Playa - muuch cheaper, better food more "beautifull people"@ and just more life there. At least this is our impression.

Overall impression - Madison SQ went to Mexico - overpriced and bad service.

Nect time we will probably staf in good hotel and just dive "all day long"@

M_B once bubbled...

Well, maybe you are right. But it was our first visit to island and we found nothing interesting in the town ( including restourants ). I really preffer to go out in Playa - muuch cheaper, better food more "beautifull people"@ and just more life there. At least this is our impression.

Overall impression - Madison SQ went to Mexico - overpriced and bad service.

Nect time we will probably staf in good hotel and just dive "all day long"@

DSDF and YMMV -- I love the town and its restaurants. I wasn't able to figure out what you were referring to by the description "Madison SQ went to Mexico - overpriced and bad service," but if you mean Cozumel as a whole, then I must vigorously disagree. And if you mean "beautifull people" in the classical sense, i.e. the California Chic, then I don't miss them at all. Let 'em have Cancun.

ggunn once bubbled...

DSDF and YMMV -- I love the town and its restaurants. I wasn't able to figure out what you were referring to by the description "Madison SQ went to Mexico - overpriced and bad service," but if you mean Cozumel as a whole, then I must vigorously disagree. And if you mean "beautifull people" in the classical sense, i.e. the California Chic, then I don't miss them at all. Let 'em have Cancun.

Well, than most likely we have just different taste, which is good at least for those who reading this :)

I was just in Cancun last month and took the ferry to Cozumel for a day. Its about an hour bus ride from Cancun to Playa and a 45min ride on the ferry to the island. The ferry runs about every 45 min and costs like $7.50 US.

http://www.cozguide.net/ferrysched.html

Back
Top Bottom