Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ultramar will let me buy a ticket now for September 4th. Winjet won't let me buy anything after August 31. Should I buy now, not knowing exactly what time I will get to the ferry dock? By the every other day schedule, that should be a Winjet day.
Is there some advantage to advance purchase? I wouldn't. During normal operations, I always buy whichever is leaving next. With this every other day schedule, I have to wonder what could go wrong?

Ultramar will let me buy a ticket now for September 4th. Winjet won't let me buy anything after August 31. Should I buy now, not knowing exactly what time I will get to the ferry dock? By the every other day schedule, that should be a Winjet day.

The tickets are good for 6 months at least.
Not sure why you'd want to buy one in advance, but I've been known to make some odd decisions myself.

I don’t smoke but am weary of rooms that smell of it or being surrounded be other rooms that do.
I am very sensitive to tobacco smoke and I have never smelled it in the rooms at Blue Angel. The only time I have ever noticed and been bothered by it at BA was once a couple of years ago when a guy was smoking a cigar right outside the lobby. He stank up the whole place.

The tickets are good for 6 months at least.
Not sure why you'd want to buy one in advance, but I've been known to make some odd decisions myself.

I've been reading that the ferries are full. I don't see where the Ultramar tickets guarantee us a spot, but I can buy the first class ticket and board first (if they are running that day).

I've been reading that the ferries are full. I don't see where the Ultramar tickets guarantee us a spot, but I can buy the first class ticket and board first (if they are running that day).

Really I wouldn't. I've seen a handful of people in the Ultramar first class area over the years - If the boat is supposed to be at 50% capacity only, I don't see them leaving those sections closed.

They have no control over how many tickets they sell for each crossing as tickets are sold everywhere - it's first come first serve. I buy tickets at the pier only...

I understand what you're thinking but once you're wheels up in the US, your brain needs to go into vacation mode, mexican vacation mode at that - go with the flow.

Last week...We took Win over to Coz on a Friday at 5 pm and it was pretty full. We took Ultra back on Sunday 10 am and it was empty.

Last week...We took Win over to Coz on a Friday at 5 pm and it was pretty full. We took Ultra back on Sunday 10 am and it was empty.

Is Ultramar going every day?

Is Ultramar going every day?
Odd evens...you MUST check their FB page the day beforehand...not their web site. No need to pre buy tickets now either.

I wouldn't buy tix in advance. With the odd/even schedule, what if your Saturday arrival gets delayed until Sunday? Or moved up to Friday? As pointed out, you aren't buying a reserved seat so having a ticket doesn't guarantee a ride on any particular departure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom