Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the rooms at Blue Angel non smoking?
And how is the house reef there?
I'm pretty sure the rooms are non-smoking; I don't smoke so it isn't an issue for me. There aren't any ashtrays in the rooms.

The shore diving is really good as compared with the rest of the shore diving on the island, although Cozumel shore diving pales by comparison to what you will see out on boat dives. The fence surrounding the stingray experience next to the hotel attracts a lot of life and there are lots of small coral outcroppings and rockpiles south of the pen. We always do some shore diving there and thoroughly enjoy it, especially at night.

Does anyone know about yoga instruction on Coz? Google shows just about all of the studios temporarily closed, which makes sense. I'm wondering if there are any yogis that will come to the condo and do a session by the pool - with proper social distancing. Thanks.

Btw , Ernesto’s fajitas is open again. They were waving people in off the street when I came back from diving the other day. We stopped and had fajitas and margaritas. This is pretty close to Palmar, which I gather is where “Toms condo “ is I don’t Tom so hence the quotes

Btw , Ernesto’s fajitas is open again. They were waving people in off the street when I came back from diving the other day. We stopped and had fajitas and margaritas. This is pretty close to Palmar, which I gather is where “Toms condo “ is I don’t Tom so hence the quotes

I haven't been there. Is it towards town, or away from down in relation to Palmar? Thanks!

EDIT: I found it on google maps.

Does anyone know about yoga instruction on Coz? Google shows just about all of the studios temporarily closed, which makes sense. I'm wondering if there are any yogis that will come to the condo and do a session by the pool - with proper social distancing. Thanks.

I know nothing about yoga but I've known her and her boyfriend for for a few years, very wonderful people. Adriana teaches yoga and I've seen her doing things out and about at hotels and private settings. Her Facebook/messenger page is probably the best way to reach her - If you have trouble getting thru, let me know and I'll call her boyfriend.

https://www.facebook.com/adriana.delfin

Maria Hykin is great. She owns a studio on the island and I’ve practiced there and privately with her. You can arrange private lessons with her. She’s on What’s app +52 987 119 8445.

I found it on google maps.
Don't believe everything you see on google maps, especially on Cozumel. Locations are user input with only some oversight by google. I confirm claims by looking at the sites on street view. I have had to move Mega twice. I think this is correct tho, just north of the traffic circle. Google Maps

000.jpg
000b.JPG

Invest 97L, will probably be named Laura or Marco depending on whether it or Invest 98L spools up first. Hopefully a rain event as a TS but once in the GOM it could spool up for the gulf coast. Still a ways off. Southern track breaks it up over Yucatan, Eastern track and its a miss on its way to Florida

upload_2020-8-19_11-13-8.png

upload_2020-8-19_11-14-2.png

Don't believe everything you see on google maps, especially on Cozumel. Locations are user input with only some oversight by google. I confirm claims by looking at the sites on street view. I have had to move Mega twice. I think this is correct tho, just north of the traffic circle. Google Maps

View attachment 605852 View attachment 605853

I found it using streetview on Google maps, too. The photo has a copyright of 2020, so I figured it was good.

I'm pretty sure the rooms are non-smoking; I don't smoke so it isn't an issue for me. There aren't any ashtrays in the rooms.

The shore diving is really good as compared with the rest of the shore diving on the island, although Cozumel shore diving pales by comparison to what you will see out on boat dives. The fence surrounding the stingray experience next to the hotel attracts a lot of life and there are lots of small coral outcroppings and rockpiles south of the pen. We always do some shore diving there and thoroughly enjoy it, especially at night.
I don’t smoke but am weary of rooms that smell of it or being surrounded be other rooms that do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom