Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Side note, I’m planning on getting a SIM card while there so I’ll have internet service while out on the boat, etc. Which has the best coverage in the area?

Side note, I’m planning on getting a SIM card while there so I’ll have internet service while out on the boat, etc. Which has the best coverage in the area?
I think I get as good of service with Verizon when I am there as anyone, at no extra expense.

AT&T wants $100 for just 200MB of data, so that’s not worth it.
AT&T unlimited plan customers can talk, text, and use their plan data with an eligible device in Mexico or Canada for no roaming charge. Go to att.com/roamna for details.
Are you on an ancient plan?

AT&T does work better in Texas state parks, but I don't see the appeal otherwise.

AT&T wants $100 for just 200MB of data, so that’s not worth it.

Why does anyone have ATT? High prices and lots of restrictions. Just had a friend complaining that they won't allow him to create a hotspot on his phone. I used to have ATT and got tired of having to turn off cellular/data upon arrival and limit usage to urgent needs. And their day pass sucks, you'll get dinged $10 for just one text or one quick look at google maps.

I now have free text and data in 210 countries with TMO after switching a few years back. It's been nice my last few trips to Mexico (and even places like Egypt) to be able to use my phone freely and have no extra charges on my monthly bill.

Problem is phone plans change to dang fast and it’s just a PITA.

My phone is a local Tel Cel plan, my wife keeps a local US number thru Cricket unlimited everything for 25/line (cricket, wtf is that?) and my son is a pay as you go SIM card.

to get a SIM card - go to tel cel, wait on the English speaking person, pay 120 pesos for the card the go to oxxo and put some credits on it - not hard but not straightforward either

Yeah, I apparently was on an ancient plan. I get a discount with AT&T through my company. They got rid of the plan I'm on several years ago b/c their newer plans were more expensive, but I got grandfathered in and kept it. But yeah, these new "unlimited" plans are a bit cheaper and include some international perks, so I just had them switch it. So thanks for bringing the new plans to my attention!

Yeah, I apparently was on an ancient plan. I get a discount with AT&T through my company. They got rid of the plan I'm on several years ago b/c their newer plans were more expensive, but I got grandfathered in and kept it. But yeah, these new "unlimited" plans are a bit cheaper and include some international perks, so I just had them switch it. So thanks for bringing the new plans to my attention!

I'm in the exact same boat -- the company discount is something like 27% and makes it hard to switch, but I do hate the international fees. I'll have to look at the new options.

I use Google Fi whenever I am outside of US, Canada, or Mexico.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom