Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, not just suicidal, but homicidal too. Like it or not, we are all in this together. Lots of us can be completely responsible, stay isolated, follow all the guidelines stringently. But if a handful of yahoos decide they're tired of all the inconveniences or they just don't like wearing a mask (or they don't believe in things they can't see), they not only risk themselves, they can spread it and kill lots of others, including you, me, and a large swath of the population (on Cozumel or at home).

Given human nature, I am not encouraged by the current trends. I want the businesses on Cozumel to thrive, just like I want the local businesses where I live to come back. But good public health is a prerequisite to a good economy.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best for Cozumel, but I'm not traveling for a good while. I'll be watching how things go and how people behave. It's all speculation right now anyway, until we get good data for a while under the current experiments. That said, based on the behaviors I see around me, I'm expecting things to have to get worse before they get better. Hope I'm wrong about that.
Agreed on all points and "liked" again.

All the park was open. We had two nice dives this AM. Reef looks better than when I was here last year on that I saw no algae and no obvious coral issues. Very few people here which makes everything nice and chilled. I’ll post a report at the end of it. If anyone is around next week and at a loose end they are welcome to come for a beer. Wherever is open :wink:

All the park was open. We had two nice dives this AM. Reef looks better than when I was here last year on that I saw no algae and no obvious coral issues. Very few people here which makes everything nice and chilled. I’ll post a report at the end of it. If anyone is around next week and at a loose end they are welcome to come for a beer. Wherever is open :wink:

Lionfish report, too, please.

@Ministryofgiraffes THANKS for the info and the laughs. I am glad your hair has benefited from the mystery mist haha

So, is the curfew 7pm to 5am? I saw that on FB recently, but it's changed so many times recently, it's impossible to keep up with. Is it being enforced?

So, is the curfew 7pm to 5am? I saw that on FB recently, but it's changed so many times recently, it's impossible to keep up with. Is it being enforced?

I doubt they have to enforce it buddy. There is absolutely nothing open In town (from what I’ve seen) if you aren’t staying in a hotel ( party atmosphere here onsite) from what I can see.. I was about to post a photo, but I decided it was just too cruel for everyone who isn’t here...suffice it to say.. it’s great being in Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom