Camping/BBQ/Dive/Thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am planning on getting there early Saturday morning also.

I was thinking on bringing a case or so of water, dogs/buns, charcoal/fluid,fruit, snack stuff and whatever else I can remember to haul with me that may help.

I can't remeber, but does the park have lighting or will we need to have lanterns on hand?

Should be a fun weekend.....hopefully we will have a good crowd.

-Jeff

Cuda_72:
I am planning on getting there early Saturday morning also.

I was thinking on bringing a case or so of water, dogs/buns, charcoal/fluid,fruit, snack stuff and whatever else I can remember to haul with me that may help.

I can't remeber, but does the park have lighting or will we need to have lanterns on hand?

Should be a fun weekend.....hopefully we will have a good crowd.

-Jeff

I look forward to meeting you Jeff. I don't belive the park has any lighting, just picnic benchs, grills, porta potties, and a shower. I'm glad you mentioned lights, I'll bring along a couple of lanterns also.

John

FYI I've invited the fine people from Dont Dive Naked out of Oak Hill Scuba to join us, since I and some others are involved in both already.

I came up with an idea yesterday to have some sort of goodies at the event. Armor Products is sending me some stuff. I figure I'll raffle it off and give the proceeds to Eels On Wheels. No word yet on what they're sending, but I'll give an update as soon as it arrives.

Mack

Mack Diver:
I came up with an idea yesterday to have some sort of goodies at the event. Armor Products is sending me some stuff. I figure I'll raffle it off and give the proceeds to Eels On Wheels. No word yet on what they're sending, but I'll give an update as soon as it arrives.

Mack

Cool:14:

..paint me green, I wish I could come..... sounds like a good time.
...4 more weeks...
...4 more weeks...
...4 more weeks...
...4 more weeks...
...4 more weeks...

We should request a mod to update the thread title to something a bit more specific. Perhaps "Windy Point Meet & Greet - 5/20"

I will be gathering supplies this week and getting my gear ready. I am also debating whether or not to arrive Friday night and stake out a solid site before the training crews move in the next morning.

If anyone has any suggestions/tips for camping at Windy Point they would be appreciated. It has been quite some time since I last camped out.

-Jeff

Somewhere near or in the trees and out of the mud/dirt. I should be there about 7am saturday morning.
Looking forward to it, I think It'll be a lot of fun!

John

I've got 2 OW classes going. They will probably show up about 10 - 11. If anyone is planning to rent tanks, better get your reservation in soon. I'm setting aside 26 tanks for the 2 classes.

I'll be getting my gear together as well. Asa bonus, my wife is planning to show up which should free me some time to dive.

Back
Top Bottom