Bell Island Mine and Wreck Trip August 2024 - Cave Camp on Tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lanny

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cave Camp on Tour - Mine and Wreck Diving at Bell Island

Cave Camp is teaming up with our friends at Ocean Quest to give divers a rare opportunity to visit one of the world’s most iconic flooded mines, as well as dive some amazing WW2 wrecks. Maximum capacity is just 12 divers per week.

Bell Island in Canada is home to the world’s largest submarine iron ore mine, with hundreds of kilometres of explored and mostly unexplored passages. One of the things that makes Bell Island such a great dive is that the mine closed suddenly in the 1960s, leaving numerous artefacts, machinery and partially loaded carts in place. It’s full of rich and well-preserved history making it ideal for photographers, and those keen to test their cave skills in a different and challenging environment. The strategic importance of the mine during World War 2 meant that the anchorage was a target for U-Boat attacks and, in addition to the mine, there are some pristine shipwrecks just off the coast, which we will also be diving. There will also be some expert speakers on hand to provide additional stories, information and colour on the mine and wrecks. This is going to be a fun trip!

Dates are: 10-17 August 2024, 17-24 August 2024

Cost: US$4000 for 1 week, $7000 for 2 weeks.

What is Included:
  • 7 Nights self catering accommodation
  • 5 Dive days per week – combination of mine and wreck
  • All dive logistics, including CCR sorb and all non-helium gases
  • Airport transfer from St John’s
  • Exclusive T-Shirt
  • Final Night Social
You need to be Full Cave or Full Mine certified, and comfortable with diving in cold water (6°C, 43°F)

Please get in touch with any questions or to reserve your spot!
lanny@underworldtulum.com
+52 984 114 0398https://wa.link/boad62

www.cavecamp.com
https://oceanquestadventures.com

Back
Top Bottom