Camping/BBQ/Dive/Thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like there is going to be enough interest. So, I'm going to set May 20th aside and look forward to a great time! I'll check with Richard next time I'm over there, but I think it is $10/nt to camp.

I know Richard charges $10 for a full day pass, $5 if you come after 3pm, and $10 a night for camping. So if you look to dive Saturday, spend the night, and dive Sunday, you're looking at around $30 bucks. I don't know if I'll come camp, because every time I hit up Barstow's I get rained on like a teenage girl by R. Kelly. If the weather looks good and there's no rain on the radar in the State of Texas, though, I may consider it. If we do end up out there, who in the group would want to stay shallower and dive the many things there are to see above the ledge (60' or so) and who would want to check out the Beneteau or even the pecans down below?

I would definitely be up for scuba and camping! I will make check to see that I don't have anything scheduled for that weekend.

I am still rather green and haven't dove deeper than 60', but I would be interested in seeing the deeper points of interest.

Cuda_72:
I would definitely be up for scuba and camping! I will make check to see that I don't have anything scheduled for that weekend.

I am still rather green and haven't dove deeper than 60', but I would be interested in seeing the deeper points of interest.

Well, perfect, the Pinto, the Beneteau, and the gratto between the two would make for a fun dive!

I'm thinking we'll have a mix of divers. We can team up accordingly. Hopefully the dive gods will smile on us and bring us dry warm weather and good visibility.

Sounds like fun, but I'll be closer to the equator than Austin on May 20th. :D

Sounds like a good plan. I have made a TSD thing at Twin Lakes, and look forward to hanging out with the gang at Travis. Hope the weather cooperates. The water should be just right by that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom