Camping/BBQ/Dive/Thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 12 year old daughter finished her OW certification 2 days ago, so we'll be out tomorrow to dive. I haven't been in the water in about 2 years, and I'm looking forward to meeting the divers from this forum.
I'm sure the park will be crowded. Is there going to be a sign?
Thanks,
Carrie

We are on the right in the trees near the northern side. A couple of tents and a green & white awning. Come on out.

Willie

Carrie,

Did you end up coming out there - there was a lady with her daughter who set up their stuff just down towards the water from where we were hanging out.. Might that have been you?

- d.

We saw the commotion with all of the emergency vehicles and the chopper that flew in to work the scene.

It seems that there were some emergency vehicles earlier today as well.

It was great meeting and diving with everyone this weekend. I need to clean my gear and then I want to go over my dive computer data. I had some excllent dives and hit dive #30!

It was really nice to meet some fellow swampers. The chow was good, although I don't know whatever happened to the "veggie" burger. We ended up raising over $100.00 for Eels On Wheels.

I'm looking forward to the next event.

Thanks to all who showed up, and a special thanks to the the fine people of Bottom time dive club, out of Waco. They gave us campers some of their delicious catfish and brought us eggs in the morning for breakfast!
The weather was nice enough, but like Fixer said in another post the vis was less than ideal. Still, a good time was had by all and no one went away hungry-not even the dog!
I'll post some pictures later today.
John

Thanks Mack for the goodies and thanks Shaggie for spearheading this get together. I look forward to the pictures and a list of attendees. I really enjoyed the diving even though the vis was less than desireable. I will post a better report tomorrow or late tonight.

Willie

I had a great time on Saturday and it was nice to meet everyone from the board. I wish I could say the same about the viz. I'll post some of my pics tonight.

Back
Top Bottom